Which is harder to beat: dinos or bryopsis?

Which is harder to beat: dinos or bryopsis?

• Dinos

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Bryposis

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suddenly have both in my new tank haha. I know there’s different varieties of both but I’m looking for a *general* answer. This is mostly out of curiosity but also to know what I can look forward to.

Comment your reasoning too!

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bryopsis if its ostreopsis dinos. Any otber dinos is harder imo. Fluconzole kicks bryopsis predictably

OP
OP
Robert Binz

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bryopsis if its ostreopsis dinos. Any otber dinos is harder imo. Fluconzole kicks bryopsis predictably

That’s the answer I was hoping to hear since I diagnosed ostreo with a microscope.

it’s a challenge having both at once because I don’t wanna nuke the algae until the Dinos are suppressed.

Also a unique situation because it’s three weeks into the cycle so I don’t wanna have too heavy a hand while the microbes sort themselves out

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you do decide to treat aggressively, I'd suggest target bryo first. Dino has higher chance to comes back any time there is an imbalance between nutrient import and export, and such situation are more likely to occur post bryopsis treatment caused by both the absence of bryopsis as a nutrient absorber + dead/rotting bryopsis floating in water releasing nutrients .

Back