Which is the most easy to keep spearer mantis and how I can keep it?

Picasso the Triggerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that boxer mantis are easier to keep than spearers, but I absolutely love these guys and im planning a 120L (~32G) species only tank with a tick sand bed (due to they love to burrow and wait) Which is the best species for begginers talking about spearers? What are their requirements? What do I need to feed them and how often?

OP
OP
Picasso the Triggerfish

Picasso the Triggerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that boxer mantis are easier to keep than spearers, but I absolutely love these guys and im planning a 120L (~32G) species only tank with a thick sand bed (due to they love to burrow and wait) Which is the best species for begginers talking about spearers? What are their requirements? What do I need to feed them and how often?
I also forget how thick the sand bed needs to be

OP
OP
Picasso the Triggerfish

Picasso the Triggerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided that I will buy a P. Ciliata with a 15 cm (~6") thick sand bed (since they are 10 cm (~4") long) and will be feeded with gut-loaded ghost shrimp and freshwater feeder fish (such as goldfish) 2 or 3 times per week and the tank will be 80L or 91L (~21 or ~24) blau AIO, what do you think?

OP
OP
Picasso the Triggerfish

Picasso the Triggerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As another update, the tank will have a U-shaped PVC pipe as a cave with a normal sand bed ore some rubbles as I discovered PVC pipes work with this species and it will have a Caulerpa algae and will also have some hermit crabs and some 4 stripped damsels to keep it entertained or to help me to keep it

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back