which is worse the adhesive on masking or duct tape ?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which would be the better of the two?
aah, somebody I know well managed to crack my skimmer body . So I installed the skimmer & sure enough it's blowing very fine bubbles in a few "small" places. I don't think it's a big deal but still bugs me to no end !
So what I want to do is temporarily tape over the hole in skimmer body( Where the pump enters)so it will hold water long enough for the fresh water to flush out any salt in the actual crack. I have to do this to keep the water level high enough to cover the crack over night. Then I will wait to dry& apply weldon. Maybe even go over that with silicone.
Ya think am I'm over reacting here?
Think the few small places blowing bubbles a big deal ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely But I want to flush out any salt residue that is in the crack 1st.
I can see exactly where the leaks are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya think the fine bubble leaks hurt the performance? Anyway last night I used masking tape to cover the hole filled the skimmer body & let sit this nmorn I dumped the water & dried real good. Soon I will apply the weldon.
Your right, I'm probably overthinking this. Thanks !

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better over than under, but that was my first thought too on the weldon

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did i tell you about thinking on your own? Never do it unless you ask a Woman for the Right answer first...

I was going to ask your opinion first, but my eyes spied you busy building womanlike stuffs...

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All very good advice ! thanks lol Hold on, I gotta stop laughing before I tel ya what I did !
Ok I feel better now, So I applied the weldon etc . ok Now I'm not over thinking this but overdoing it . I'm going to put some silicone over it too !
shoot I'll put some flex tape on it if I have to! ;)

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All very good advice ! thanks lol Hold on, I gotta stop laughing before I tel ya what I did !
Ok I feel better now, So I applied the weldon etc . ok Now I'm not over thinking this but overdoing it . I'm going to put some silicone over it too !
shoot I'll put some flex tape on it if I have to! ;)

Do not forget to wrap it with bubble wrap.. Remember had you used bubble wrap in the first place you would not be fixing the Crack..... Life Revolves around Bubble wrap... ohh and My Needs,Wants and Desires....... Yes i typed all of this without Laughing much Life is all balanced now

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Folks, So I applied the weldon let it sit for maybe 30 hrs. Put it in last night . All is Groovy ! No blowing bubbles ! Then with the brand new pump this jewel is working just fine !
Thanks so much for all the Sage advice ! LOL

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Folks, So I applied the weldon let it sit for maybe 30 hrs. Put it in last night . All is Groovy ! No blowing bubbles ! Then with the brand new pump this jewel is working just fine !
Thanks so much for all the Sage advice ! LOL
Did you bubble wrap it ?

Back