Which Light for Black Friday? Radion G6 Pro or Neptune Sky?

Which Fixture for SPS / Mixed Tank?

• Radion G6 Pro

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Neptune Sky

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for this. So if I wanted the kessils then two xr15 and two a360? Or just Radions 3 xr15? Thanks!

Either plan sounds ok to me. You could always buy two radions and see how they look then decide what to buy after… kessils or 3rd radion

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted for the Radion G6 PRO.

I have the G5 Pro's on the same sized tank as you're setting up and they have been fantastic. The corals have been growing extremally well and in two years I have had no issues with the lights or software.

-Sonny

OP
OP
Patrick Cox

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I voted for the Radion G6 PRO.

I have the G5 Pro's on the same sized tank as you're setting up and they have been fantastic. The corals have been growing extremally well and in two years I have had no issues with the lights or software.

-Sonny
I’ve been struggling with blue vs pro. The main reason I said blue is I thought they would balance well with the Kessils. I’m on the fence though on that. . Thanks!

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been struggling with blue vs pro. The main reason I said blue is I thought they would balance well with the Kessils. I’m on the fence though on that. . Thanks!

Really, I think its just a matter of preference. You can have success with both varieties.

I am an old school reefer so I prefer the daylight look. Plus, the coral colors I can achieve with full spectrum look better to my eyes then when I used something that was bluer on the spectrum.

-Sonny

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chiming in, I think and have seen both lights perform very nicely, but if you want “something different” over T5 I would most def choose the radions, the Neptune sky is as flat a light as they come looks just like a T5 to me. I think they grow coral awesome but it ain’t giving you no pop like a radion would imo so very different lights.

OP
OP
Patrick Cox

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is something I pulled together on light spread.

The squares show the light placement and the bars at top show the estimated spread.

Not sure how accurate this is but it assumes 24" spread for XR15 and Kessil A360X and 36" spread for XR30. Thoughts on this and these options?

Light Options.jpg

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say neither but since you've already gone down the rabbit hole with Neptune and ecotech. I would say Radions because you can always resell them for a good price. I just replaced my G5s with reef breeders and the difference is miles apart.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say neither but since you've already gone down the rabbit hole with Neptune and ecotech. I would say Radions because you can always resell them for a good price. I just replaced my G5s with reef breeders and the difference is miles apart.
How so? For my 4 foot tank I'm considering a t5 hybrid with a photon 48 v2+...

chrisriker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is obvious and I missed it, but are you preferring the reef breeders light over the radions you replaced?

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instinctively I veto mixing brands of led pucks.
Mixing led/t5, mh is another animal all together.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.
50" reefbreeders with the apex conversion board fits all your criteria.
https://reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-50-v2/

You can check w Logan at reefbreeders to see if they can save you the minor diy part.

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the xr15 blue for a 4ft tank and have 2 and it’s no where near enough so you would need 3 for sure. I’m adding an xr30 in the center and have the xr15 on the sides. I’m also adding an aquatic life t5 hybrid for a few hours a day at peak. So far I haven’t had any issue with the möbius app.

OP
OP
Patrick Cox

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to close the loop on this thread... I just ordered 3 XR15 Pros. Looking forward to getting my tank setup and checking out these lights. I will post a picture back when the tank is up. Thanks all! :)

tee1172

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to close the loop on this thread... I just ordered 3 XR15 Pros. Looking forward to getting my tank setup and checking out these lights. I will post a picture back when the tank is up. Thanks all! :)
can I ask why you ended up with pro instead of blue

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a little worried about the blues being too blue and having to turn the blues down. I thought the Pro was a safer choice. Could be wrong but that was my reasoning. Thanks
Decided to get the Pro for the same reasons. Like to see the true color in my fish and can always run the same blue spectrum to ramp up and down for the day but at lower watt my understanding how both Blue and Pro work.

Back