Which of these clowns are good for beginners ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my Fluval Evo is currently cycling. When it’s done, I would like to get a pair of clowns for it. Which of these fish are good for beginners ? My only other criteria besides being easy to care for is colorful!

Clownfish:

Black storm
Orange storm
Ice storm
Mocha storm
Wyoming
Flurry
Davinci
Phantom
Black ice
Snowflakes
Occelaris

Also, would they breed in a nano reef or not ?

Thank you !

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all the same type of clownfish just different morphs of Ocellaris. So any of those are good for beginners
Clownfish often breed but you would need to set up multiple tanks and separate the eggs from the clowns, very complicated process for a beginner

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all ocellaris clownfish. Just different morphs of the generic orange ocellaris clowns and thus all the same difficulty level. You can mix and match for a pair if you’d like. I have an orange storm and davinci in my tank that are paired.

They may breed eventually but unless you dedicate a grow out system and time to raising the fry they won’t survive

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all the same type of clownfish just different morphs of Ocellaris. So any of those are good for beginners
Clownfish often breed but you would need to set up multiple tanks and separate the eggs from the clowns, very complicated process for a beginner
THIS!!

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all ocellaris clownfish. Just different morphs of the generic orange ocellaris clowns and thus all the same difficulty level. You can mix and match for a pair if you’d like. I have an orange storm and davinci in my tank that are paired.

They may breed eventually but unless you dedicate a grow out system and time to raising the fry they won’t survive

Very nice to know I can mix and match ! I might try that, depending on what’s left in the LFS stocks when my tank is finished cycling.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back