Which of these two Damsel fish are less aggressive?The Azure OR Yellow tail Damsel? !PLEASE READ!

JCrowe86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Azure that does fine with all it's tank mates in a 65g. I have a pintail fairy wrasse, a pair of clowns, firefish, royal gramma and a orange spot goby. He was a pest when I added the gramma for about a week but now they get along fine. He just hates when I have my hands in the tank and bites me but I think its funny.

Edit: Didn't even notice OP date lol

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the never ending damsel debate!

my little tiny starcki is due out of QT this weekend, can't wait

giphy.gif

Telvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two damsels in my 210 that I inherited from an aquarium I bought a while back. One is a yellow tail and the other is yellow across its bottom. Neither are aggressive toward other fish. My Purple tang picks on the yellow tail a bit. The two damsels each have their own territory and are vigilant to make sure the other damsel stays away. They stare each other down from a distance but that’s the extent of it. No one else in the tank seems concerned with either

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 similar same as yellow tail damsels from tank start and they tend to keep what ever small agresstion they have to them self's. I recently introduced a small rock damsel and it also was quite safe.
So far from my experience people tend to look at even peacefull damsels in the same as more aggressive once.

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like damsel fish, both feisty and beautiful. I have a yellowtail in my reef and it may be my most visually striking fish. I, however, would not throw one in a tank as small as yours. I have a feeling that aggression will be a problem one day down the line.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 azures. They focus on each other and stay among the rocks. They don’t bother any other fish as they are too focused on each other all the time. My purple firefish and tailspot blenny actually chase them away. Model citizens in my tank. Wish I had more

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, yesterday while I was at my LFS I learned about a new type of Damsel fish, well its not actually new, just new to me... Its the Chrysiptera springeri...
Why do these guys never get mentioned in the forums? I have done a lot of research in the last few weeks on the less aggressive damsel fish and I never found a thing on these.
The LFS lady said she never had any experience with the Sprineri's be aggressive and she keeps several in each one of her coral tanks cause there suppose to eats some type of worm or something (cant remember what she said they would eat) that was bad for coral.
I wrote down there name and came back home and start doing some reading on them. There are listed as peaceful! What a surprise to me. Have any of you had the Springeri damsel before?
Never had one but I agree they are rather mild mannered.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%

Back