Which one describes you best as a reefer?

Which one describes you best?

• SPS Starstruck

Votes: 196 32.1%
  • LPS Lover

Votes: 188 30.8%
  • Zoa Zealot

Votes: 53 8.7%
  • Soft for Softies

Votes: 80 13.1%
  • Mad for Mushroom

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • NPS or Nothing

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 71 11.6%

• Total voters

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the "All of the above" group. Sorry @revhtree, like most everything else, I refuse to be contained.

My tank has a little bit of each class... I have a few dream pieces, Scoly giveaway where are you? But I have no real favorite. If i catches my eye, I grab it.

Royce White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like tough ones, I don't want any sissies. My toughies are Duncan's , Hammers, Torches, Candy canes and of course GSP. Was that to many

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one was too hard for me — I couldn’t pick just one.

Right now I’m really into zoas and have begun expanding my collection there. I’m also wanting to begin to add some easy SPS like red monti cap and birdsnest. And I’m a sucker for micro lords. But if you asked me what my favorite coral in my tank is rn, it may surprise some that it’s actually my Duncan. I’m just loving the look of it, and it has great movement.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan as a donut?
Crazy for Tridacnids :)
How about "Happy as a Clam?"

But really, for me it has to be "Blue"

Blue coral (Heliopora coerulea) has been growing steady throughout the ups and downs of life.

The only octocoral that produces a skeleton and it has it's own family!

IMG_9666.jpg

Last edited:

hivelyj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm raving for ricordea. I'm still new, but my ric Florida has so much personality. First time he shrunk to about 1/50th his size I freaked until he just puffed back up no problem 5 minutes later.

dk2nt9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Variety of them, have a soft spot for specific corals, no matter what they belong to.

LPS are easier, they can be target fed, most of them keep their color in any water, unlike acros and zoas, and can live in tanks where acros and beginner corals are not doing well.

Past NPS stage, can't afford this long term, and a stage of getting familiar with anything available, with large tanks and everything involved in this.

For now, in small tanks, sticking to something unusual and interesting, like chalices, cyphastreas, variety of montiporas and higher end zoas. With xenia and gsp, as permanent favorites, they are out of scale, though.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other because while I may be SPS Starstruck, very few SPS feel the same way about my tanks. I have a Walt Disney that thrives despite my best efforts, while every other SPS frag I bring home RTN's within two to three weeks.

I love the movement that LPS provides and they do the best for me, so that's what I am favoring currently.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I care more about fish, but I have 1 gorgonian.
If I was to grow more corals, I would just choose a large variety of gorgonians. I like their different shapes, more like trees.

ReeferMadness01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only been reefing for a year now and only did softies and LPS. Last month I saw a buddies SPS frag tank and fell in love! Added a few cheap easy to grow pieces and going to see how it goes for a couple months until I make a move to more SPS

Back