Which one to Get, Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 V3 or Waterbox Reef Pro 220.6?

Rio1969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to buy a new aquarium next month. I have narrowed it down to either the Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 V3 or Waterbox Reef Pro 220.6. Any opinions on which one would be the better choice? I would love to hear from actual owners of either one.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the things is most ppl will suggest what they have. I had the 750 V3 sump edition but traded it for the 650P both where new. just moved to the new house with a nice spot for it. anyway
here is my 2 cents for whats its worth...

I would pause take a deep breath and think about a custom tank from @joe@glasscages and there new stands looks pretty sick too.

but if you are between these two it a had one but I would go WB even tho i own RS here is why. they come with a manifold, IMHO I believe the stand is better ( all tho RS did beef up the 750 stand ) and WB customer service is top notch. I once thought yeah go ahead a buy another tank really meant that. i bought a big WB but before it was shipped I told them I did not have 'permission' and jumped the gun. they laughed said no prob. and with in 5 min. a 100% refund was issued.

good luck you will be a happy reefer what ever way you go.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to buy a new aquarium next month. I have narrowed it down to either the Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 V3 or Waterbox Reef Pro 220.6. Any opinions on which one would be the better choice? I would love to hear from actual owners of either one.
No Cade? They look like the hot item at the moment and look like a great value. Doing it again I would probably go with them

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never heard of Cade, will check them out.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know if cade is rebranded pro star tanks?

@Rio1969 also look at fiji cube I have there small nano peninsula and love it. another option for you to conciser. lots of option out there for sure. i hope you find what you are look for.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF I was in the States I would be hitting up Glass Cages, even at stock sizes it is nice to know a tank was built for you, my current and previous tank were both custom.

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stay away from red sea, who wants to test a new series of their tanks that could fail like the other reefer models, waterbox and innovative marine do not have the issues red sea does. You can also check out cade, they are sweet

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like asking if Samsung or Apple makes better phones. Both are good in their own respect and simular in many areas. People have had success and failures with both tanks. Only issue is, anytime you look for reviews on either product, you are more likely to find more negative reviews than positive. Do research on both and take peoples negative experiences with a grain of salt unless its the overwhelming majority.

Although if it were me, I would probably get either a water box or IM just due to personal taste.

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant remember seeing a waterbox failure and I havnt heard of waterbox deleting failure stories on facebook. Also have not seen a lot of innovative marine failures or any from cade. Red sea you see one once a week on here plus who knows how many pop up on facebook that get deleted. The red sea tanks are nice its just the stand/design and customer service are garbage.

spacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YouTube has some good comparisons by people who own/ed both. Also reading and watching lots of content, posts, review and opinions for the past few months, WB consistently comes up on top. Main points:

1. Better quality cabinet.
2. Imperial plumbing (more convenient in the US)
3. Awesome CS.
4. Overall quality hard to beat.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I too was making a similar decision. I initially picked Planet Aquarium over Red Sea and Waterbox. I really liked the hang on overflow and cabinet quality. The hang on maximized the inside aqurium space and they let you upgrade to a Trigger Platinum sump with roller mat.

In the end, I had to go with the Red Sea due to hard depth limitation of my space and the Red Sea's 525xl is only 22.6" deep.

Tang22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I too was making a similar decision. I initially picked Planet Aquarium over Red Sea and Waterbox. I really liked the hang on overflow and cabinet quality. The hang on maximized the inside aqurium space and they let you upgrade to a Trigger Platinum sump with roller mat.

In the end, I had to go with the Red Sea due to hard depth limitation of my space and the Red Sea's 525xl is only 22.6" deep.
I am in exactly the same boat. Trying to limit the depth footprint while having the length (525 is 59" long).
How long have you had the 525XL? Any problems? I'm repeatedly freaked out by all the failures I'm seeing on the Red Sea Tanks. 525 included...

Tang22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YouTube has some good comparisons by people who own/ed both. Also reading and watching lots of content, posts, review and opinions for the past few months, WB consistently comes up on top. Main points:

1. Better quality cabinet.
2. Imperial plumbing (more convenient in the US)
3. Awesome CS.
4. Overall quality hard to beat.
How about Glass quality? I've seen both in person and I "thought" the Red Sea looked clearer.

JohnnyBeagle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Glass quality? I've seen both in person and I "thought" the Red Sea looked clearer.
I think you're correct that the red seas look clearer side by side, but if you only have one tank the WB glass is fantastic. Too many failure stories with Red Sea seams and stands to risk a tank purchase with them right now for me

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is innovative marine out of question?

They have a 100g and a 200g both with internal and external overflows. Comes with aluminum stand although you have to source out plumbing and getting a sump yourself so might be slightly more expensive.

I have one of their nano tanks and if I don’t do a custom tank when I go bigger it will be one of these.

OP
OP
R

Rio1969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is innovative marine out of question?

They have a 100g and a 200g both with internal and external overflows. Comes with aluminum stand although you have to source out plumbing and getting a sump yourself so might be slightly more expensive.

I have one of their nano tanks and if I don’t do a custom tank when I go bigger it will be one of these.
They are not rimless.

Back