Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates off the charts
No nitrate detected
Have gha, red hair algae all over so I
Dosed vibrant 5 weeks at suggested dose
Now I have what looks like dinos, however my phosphates are still real high
I’ve been running gfo to try to lower it but it’s going slow. I make sure it is removing it still by testing the tank AND what’s coming out of the gfo canister.
Do I buy and dose nitrates? Do I stop the vibrant?
I know I have to get my phosphates in check which I’ve been trying
At a loss right now because I’ve been trying to get the algae in check for over a month and now I assume dosing the vibrant contributed to the additional problem

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While Vibrant is a good product, it’s more of a “reset” than a long term fix.
Water chemistry, stability and age are firstly required. Your pest algae may be a result of the large imbalance in your nutrients, (high phosphate low nitrate), funny, IMM, they seem to profit by this inequity.
I would get all parameters in the normal reef operating ranges and work towards a highly stable chemistry backbone.
During the process, add some bacteria now and again.
The stable environment, and the increased biodiversity gained through time will fix the problem permanently, provided stability is maintained.
If at this time there’s still a some algae, then Vibrant takes that out quickly.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can kill the tank flow and blow or turkey baster suck up the dino as best you can prior to the wc.
Ultimatly you will want to increase tank flow. Filtration. Add carbon or gfo in tue future so u dont have the problemo again.
D

OP
OP
linkedsilas

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While Vibrant is a good product, it’s more of a “reset” than a long term fix.
Water chemistry, stability and age are firstly required. Your pest algae may be a result of the large imbalance in your nutrients, (high phosphate low nitrate), funny, IMM, they seem to profit by this inequity.
I would get all parameters in the normal reef operating ranges and work towards a highly stable chemistry backbone.
During the process, add some bacteria now and again.
The stable environment, and the increased biodiversity gained through time will fix the problem permanently, provided stability is maintained.
If at this time there’s still a some algae, then Vibrant takes that out quickly.
Ok so add nitrate , lower phosphate, stop vibrant .... water changes AFTER or should I do one now
Don’t want to feed the dinos

OP
OP
linkedsilas

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can kill the tank flow and blow or turkey baster suck up the dino as best you can prior to the wc.
Ultimatly you will want to increase tank flow. Filtration. Add carbon or gfo in tue future so u dont have the problemo again.
D
Getting a new tank and shutting this down but tanks not ready to be delivered so trying to keep things alive

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back