Which pumps: Appropriate water movement for Fluval Evo (10 gallon display)

lostrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I have a Fluval Evo (13.5 gallons), which has a 10 gallon display. I have access to a Sicce 0.5 (185gph) and also a 1.0 Sicce pump (251 gph) to use one of these as my return pump from the AIO back. I also have a wavemaker, the SOW-3 Jebao. I am not sure exactly how to set up this display. I tried the Sicce 0.5 with the Jebao SOW-3, but I found even at the lowest setting, the SOW-3 was very powerful for the tank size and was throwing sand around. RIght now I am using a Sicce 1.0 pump (251 gph) and that is it. I intend to have a couple fish and to have softies and LPS corals once my tank is done cycling.

What do you guys recommend for water movement? It is a small aquarium, but I am a noob. Any help is appreciated! :)

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same setup. I used the Sicce .5 with an RFG. The SOW-3 I had opposite of the return and pointed up and towards the wall. I think I had it set on the lowest or the 2nd lowest setting on W! and 50% on the dial. Do you have a pic of your tank? The placement of the wave maker varies depending on the rockwork.

1663769930062.png

OP
OP
L

lostrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same setup. I used the Sicce .5 with an RFG. The SOW-3 I had opposite of the return and pointed up and towards the wall. I think I had it set on the lowest or the 2nd lowest setting on W! and 50% on the dial. Do you have a pic of your tank? The placement of the wave maker varies depending on the rockwork.

1663769930062.png

Thanks for the reply. I actually just copied your placement and it is working a lot better. Back with the Sicce 0.5 which is making a LOT less noise than the Sicce 1.0. Also have the SOW-3 in a similar configuration to yours, and it is working very well now. Moved some rock work and it just works now. I appreciate your response and I will link a picture later with my rock work. Thanks! :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back