Which Skimmer to BUY.... Arghhh

Muse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
Looking to buy a skimmer for my new setup. Tank + Sump is 350 Litres, so actual water volume when sand/rock and not filling to the brim will be just over 300 Litres?

The Skimmer must be Quiet, Well priced and have a relatively small footprint to fit in my sump chamber - 15cm x 38cm space. I'm from the UK so limited to certain models, a few I've looked at are the Bubble Magus C3.5, any ideas please?

Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In order of preference for me:

Aqua Maxx
reef octopus
Nyos
Bubble Magnus
Ice Cap

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to split the difference between a lower end skimmer and the Bubble King, I have a Reef Octopus Regal 150S that I really like. It uses a DC pump so it's super quiet and easily tunable. It has a built-in float valve to prevent overflow (I have mine hooked up to my Apex), and it has a skimmer cup drain. All of these are great features. You can DIY the drain and the float valve, but not the DC pump.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back