Which Tablet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of gathering equipment for my first build in a long time and am trying to figure out which tablet I should purchase for my Apex display. I can't seem to find any of the nuvision tablets that I have seen recommended most recently through google searching. Not looking to spend a fortune.. have too much invested already! :rolleyes:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use amazon fire tablet. Nice big display and works flawlessly

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I bought two (one for each apex) and plugged right in.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not find the fire tables to appreciate being on 24/7 - both of mine failed after about 6 months. I now use an older iPad, but I mounted it with the smart cover so I can put it to sleep at night. Two years and still kicking.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get a Raspberri Pi and the RaspberrI Pi touchscreen. The screen is powered by the main Raspberri Pi unit so it's direct ac versus a battery. I've seen threads of how to integrate Apex with Pi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get a Raspberri Pi and the RaspberrI Pi touchscreen. The screen is powered by the main Raspberri Pi unit so it's direct ac versus a battery. I've seen threads of how to integrate Apex with Pi.

That looks a little complex for me lol. Looking for plug and play here. I don’t do much with computers..

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any android tablet will work, i use an old Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 i picked up for 50.00 off craigslist. its really just a display.

Thank you! I picked up a good deal on the new ipad. Everything else I own is iOS, so why not. Supposedly they work well for this application.. I guess we will see.

Back