White areas on my Atlantic Blue Tang

Val1064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This area has been there for a week or so. I've been watching him to see if it gets worse or he slows down on eating. It is not raised, no scales appear to be missing.

IMG_8544.JPG

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like he either scratched himself or it's a bacterial infection. Keep doing what you're doing, which is watching the area to see if the lesion is getting smaller or larger. If you can, up feeding to help his immune system if it does happen to be a bacterial infection.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance on a clearer/closer picture? Even a short video might help. See the link below my name here for other information that we find helpful to know when diagnosing issues...
Jay

OP
OP
Val1064

Val1064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance on a clearer/closer picture? Even a short video might help. See the link below my name here for other information that we find helpful to know when diagnosing issues...
Jay
Parameters are 77 degrees, 1.025 salinity, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, .02 Phos, not treating with copper. Fish only with live rock, snails and cleaner shrimp. HOB filter with floss, and canister with bio-home pellets. 125 gal water volume, 6 months of age. LED lighting (black boxes). No issues with any of the tank mates.
IMG_0695.JPG

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video, it looks like the fish has a smaller lesion on its other side, in a mirror image location. Did the mark show up suddenly? I'm thinking some sort of injury, like getting wedged in a crevice. I don't see redness that would indicate an infection, and the fish looks good in other respects, so I'd be inclined to just watch it for now. Any treatment would involve moving the fish to a treatment tank and dosing with antibiotics, and that is always a difficult thing for most folks to do....

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back