White bacteria/algae

Deltec

coralreefer123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Does anyone know what this white bacteria/algae could be? Tank has been running for a year FOWLR, nitrates, nitrites and ammonia at undetectable/0ppm, pH is 7.8. Recently (2 weeks ago) my water was cloudy (did two water changes but did not help) and then the algae started growing only on the dried gorgonia I have. It isn't on my live rock yet or anywhere else, but I think it must be easier to grow on that surface area. I have had the dried gorgonians for the entire year, so it isn't causing this issue. Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

algae.jpeg algae2.jpeg

AS

Lasse

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Biopellets is an organic carbon source and probably there will come out some DOC (Dissolved Organic Carbon) into the water that heterotrophic bacteria outside the biopellets reactor can use. I would test with taking out the biopellets from the system for a while

Sincerely Lasse

OP
C

coralreefer123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Biopellets is an organic carbon source and probably there will come out some DOC (Dissolved Organic Carbon) into the water that heterotrophic bacteria outside the biopellets reactor can use. I would test with taking out the biopellets from the system for a while

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
Deltec

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 194 40.7%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 211 44.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.1%
Ultimate Corals