White/bald patch on fish

Tiagofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
File fish has a bald patch on his back. Eats normally. A clown has a small brown spot on it's side. Also behaves normally. Neither seem to be getting worse. I'm wondering if it's an injury or a disease. We did do some maintenance moving around live rock the day before we noticed it. Thoughts? No new fish. I'm doing a water change but I may have been a little overdue - normally I do it once a month and I waited an extra two weeks this time. I don't have water parameters at the moment aside from salinity- 1.025. Thanks for any help for how to fix...

20230518_194901.jpg 20230518_194932.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
File fish has a bald patch on his back. Eats normally. A clown has a small brown spot on it's side. Also behaves normally. Neither seem to be getting worse. I'm wondering if it's an injury or a disease. We did do some maintenance moving around live rock the day before we noticed it. Thoughts? No new fish. I'm doing a water change but I may have been a little overdue - normally I do it once a month and I waited an extra two weeks this time. I don't have water parameters at the moment aside from salinity- 1.025. Thanks for any help for how to fix...

The file likely has this from an injury as you suspected and being that its significant, normally suggested to keep an eye on it but to assure it does not become infected, I would either treat tank with ruby rally pro Or treat with Seachem Kanaplex in a separate quarantine tank with added oxygen with use of air stone

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does the spot on the filefish extend to the other side? Has it been growing larger in size over time (how long?)

Jay

Back