White clownfish rarity in breeding

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black/white male and a regular orange/white female mating pair. They lay eggs pretty regular but I’m not trying to raise them. I do like to look in and just see what’s happening. The eggs normally start out orange and then turn black with silvery eyes. On the last batch however one was completely white with silvery eyes. Could that have turned into a different variation? How often is that seen?

Thanks,
John

Halo_003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find a full white one or 99% white. I failed so far lol. Storms are to much black. I want a albino clown lol

You probably already have but have you looked at Platinum or Wyoming Whites?

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black/white male and a regular orange/white female mating pair. They lay eggs pretty regular but I’m not trying to raise them. I do like to look in and just see what’s happening. The eggs normally start out orange and then turn black with silvery eyes. On the last batch however one was completely white with silvery eyes. Could that have turned into a different variation? How often is that seen?

Thanks,
John
Orange X Black will produce hybrid 100% mochas. Clownfish hatch with no color, the color develops as they grow and age.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find a full white one or 99% white. I failed so far lol. Storms are to much black. I want a albino clown lol
Tangerine albinos are bright orange and white, Zombie clownfish are Black and White albino, Snow storms are almost solid white with a blueish hue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back