White dot after 30 days copper and prazi

Crown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an ich outbreak so I QTed everything following Jay hemdal and #fishmedic advice.

Just completed 32 days of copper at 2.5 ppm (measured with Hanna) and 3 doses of prazi + metro (5 days apart).

I noticed the blue hippo scratching so I took a closer look and found a large white spot and a similar white dot on the side fin. Do I need to start copper again? Or is this something else?

btw: the tang had hlle but is improving now with selcon + kent vitamins.

CC452249-E9D1-45B7-8E2B-82FEE36095D6.jpeg

White dot is the one right in the middle above the side fin.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Had an ich outbreak so I QTed everything following Jay hemdal and #fishmedic advice.

Just completed 32 days of copper at 2.5 ppm (measured with Hanna) and 3 doses of prazi + metro (5 days apart).

I noticed the blue hippo scratching so I took a closer look and found a large white spot and a similar white dot on the side fin. Do I need to start copper again? Or is this something else?

btw: the tang had hlle but is improving now with selcon + kent vitamins.

CC452249-E9D1-45B7-8E2B-82FEE36095D6.jpeg

White dot is the one right in the middle above the side fin.
White dot doesn’t appear to be parasitical but I suspect fluke why it would be scratching and nearby see a blemish on skin from what looks like scratching

OP
OP
C

Crown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White dot doesn’t appear to be parasitical but I suspect fluke why it would be scratching and nearby see a blemish on skin from what looks like scratching
Any method to determine if it’s fluke or ich?

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any method to determine if it’s fluke or ich?
I agree with @vetteguy53081 that what you see is likely a blemish as a result of scratching or healing after flukes/ich. I don't see signs of ich in the picture. Based on your QT, I would not suspect ich to be present unless you are suspicious of cross contamination.

If the fish continues to scratch, you may need another round of prazi, or you may want to observe for a day or two to see if the scratching continues.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that's not ich. The fish does have moderate head and lateral line erosion and some other random lesions. If it were flukes, I would expect more than just one spot. I don't think any treatment is warranted, but if the fish hasn't been treated with prazipro, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Jay

Back