White mark on dotty back

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So woke up this morning to find a very prominent white mark on my dotty back.
I initially though ich but from what I read about it, it wouldn't start that bad over night in one spot?
Its hard to get close enough to observe what it is or take a good enough photo but I think it looks more like a scrape from the rocks.
Would this just heal up on its own and not cause any issues (I don't currently have a QT, I know I should have one)
20171128_114438.jpg

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. Im going to keep an eye on him, he seems fine and does not seem to be stressed out.
For the medication process, the only way to use these are within quarantine right?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Antibiotics can harm the good bacteria in an established reef tank. Deciding to place the fish into a qt or not is the tough question only you can answer. In the meanwhile, I would be feeding it vitamins with its food. Selcon for example to help boost its immune system. Hope this helps. Cheers!

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So quick update on the dotty. I can never see it anymore as its hidden away somewhere in the rocks, it also isn't coming out for food either I don' think it's dead as I caught a glimpse of it yesterday but not seen since.
Really don't want to remove all the rock to get to it

1MCp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So quick update on the dotty. I can never see it anymore as its hidden away somewhere in the rocks, it also isn't coming out for food either I don' think it's dead as I caught a glimpse of it yesterday but not seen since.
Really don't want to remove all the rock to get to it
If it's usually out and about during feeding but it isn't, it's not a good sign. Sick fish can fight their infection but will need to be well fed to do so. If you don't see it in the next two or three feeding times, I'm afraid that it might starve to death.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back