White "peel" look on Royal Gramma

Fishtail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We introduced quarantined tangs to our 5 month old tank and suffered an ick, velvet or possibly brook out break. We caught all of the fish and treated them in 3 separate tanks. Tangs with an active outbreak, wrasse with a lower copper level and shy fish.
This gramma has had a fresh water dip, spent days in copper (2.33 to 2.5) and had three 90 minute ruby reef rally baths. I don't know what to do next. He's in a 10 gallon tank with 2 clowns, a file fish, a yellow watchman, and a lawnmower.

Attachments

• 20221002_170756.mp4
    20 MB
OP
OP
F

Fishtail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We introduced quarantined tangs to our 5 month old tank and suffered an ick, velvet or possibly brook out break. We caught all of the fish and treated them in 3 separate tanks. Tangs with an active outbreak, wrasse with a lower copper level and shy fish.
This gramma has had a fresh water dip, spent 30 days in copper (2.33 to 2.5) and had three 90 minute ruby reef rally baths. I don't know what to do next. He's in a 10 gallon tank with 2 clowns, a file fish, a yellow watchman, and a lawnmower.
Spent 30 days in copper ...

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Spent 30 days in copper ...
You want/wanted Full 30 days at 2.5 coppersafe or chelated copper at .5
The sotting appears to be bacterial which Rally would address but not via bath but rather regular treatment. What you can do is treat with Seachem Kanaplex .
For some reason, grammas have been showing up with ich, bacteria and fungal issues which is strange

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This gramma has had a fresh water dip, spent days in copper (2.33 to 2.5) and had three 90 minute ruby reef rally baths. I don't know what to do next. He's in a 10 gallon tank with 2 clowns, a file fish, a yellow watchman, and a lawnmower.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The gramma is full bodied and acting normally, so the skin lesions may be superficial or related to a previous infection.
The two options would be to treat with prazipro in case it has flukes or treat with a broad spectrum gram negative antibiotic in case this is a bacterial infection. Trouble is visual clues just won’t tell you which direction to go with this.

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fishtail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The gramma is full bodied and acting normally, so the skin lesions may be superficial or related to a previous infection.
The two options would be to treat with prazipro in case it has flukes or treat with a broad spectrum gram negative antibiotic in case this is a bacterial infection. Trouble is visual clues just won’t tell you which direction to go with this.

Jay
Is it ok to keep him with the other fish and treat the tank or should I isolate it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fishtail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want/wanted Full 30 days at 2.5 coppersafe or chelated copper at .5
The sotting appears to be bacterial which Rally would address but not via bath but rather regular treatment. What you can do is treat with Seachem Kanaplex .
For some reason, grammas have been showing up with ich, bacteria and fungal issues which is strange
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it ok to keep him with the other fish and treat the tank or should I isolate it?
If it is flukes you would need to treat the whole tank. Bacterial diseases are often isolated to a single fish so then it could be treated separately.
Jay

Upvote 0
Back