White slimy appearing spot on clownfish

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I noticed that one of my clownfish has a white area that appears to be kind of mucous-like in appearance. Is this something to be concerned about? I noticed it about a week or two ago, and it doesn't seem to be getting better, maybe a little worse. Could it be an injury? She seems to like to slam against the glass. I have attached some photos. All of my fish were quarantined using tank transfer method years ago. They recently got moved to a new tank that is about 2.5 months old after I completed a move across the country. The white spots are bubbles on the glass as I recently did a water change, I am referring to the discoloration near the eye. Thanks for your help.

clownfish 1.jpg clownfish 2.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, I noticed that one of my clownfish has a white area that appears to be kind of mucous-like in appearance. Is this something to be concerned about? I noticed it about a week or two ago, and it doesn't seem to be getting better, maybe a little worse. Could it be an injury? She seems to like to slam against the glass. I have attached some photos. All of my fish were quarantined using tank transfer method years ago. They recently got moved to a new tank that is about 2.5 months old after I completed a move across the country. The white spots are bubbles on the glass as I recently did a water change, I am referring to the discoloration near the eye. Thanks for your help.

clownfish 1.jpg clownfish 2.jpg
A thick mucus beginning at the face suggests the start of brook. I ALSO NOTICE the size of its belly. . . Is fish eating?
Is it breathing normal or labored?
Any change in color or faded ?

OP
OP
S

Stingray122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A thick mucus beginning at the face suggests the start of brook. I ALSO NOTICE the size of its belly. . . Is fish eating?
Is it breathing normal or labored?
Any change in color or faded ?
Fish eats normally, what do you mean by size? Larger than normal or small? I feed pellets like every other day along, mixing in some frozen every once and awhile. Breathing is normal and behavior is also normal. I have not noticed any faded color.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fish eats normally, what do you mean by size? Larger than normal or small? I feed pellets like every other day along, mixing in some frozen every once and awhile. Breathing is normal and behavior is also normal. I have not noticed any faded color.
Belly looks good and round.
As for mucus- you can give the fish a 5 minute freshwater dip the same temperature as display tank and keep an aye on it. If mucus returns, either ruby Rally pro treatment or other will be needed.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back