White spot diagnosis

StarterSaltWater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I have had this puffer in QT for over 2 weeks and just noticed today out of no where these white spots on it. I currently have the following in QT with it:

- 2 damsels
- 1 puffer
- 1 flasher wrasse
- 1 red stripe angel fish
-1 pink streaked wrasse

The only fish’s showing any sort of issues was the flasher wrasse had Popeye which has since gone down believe from an injury and a damsel breathing heavy. I checked my Params and noticed the ammonia was up to 2ppm according to my API test. I have since taken corrective action and fixed this with water changes and Fritz Complete. No other fish are exhibiting any type of spots like this and as mentioned earlier it has been 2 weeks of nothing. I have not treated the tank for anything yet either.

Could this be lympo/bacterial or something else opposed to Ich since the fish was exposed to high ammonia? I have a full assortment of sea hen meds / prazi available. Any advice appreciated!

43F4615A-20C7-46E4-B829-68A791ACBA63.jpeg ED020950-AEA0-4CCF-95CA-AF3D521EFC07.jpeg FC0C7CF4-C864-4B70-AFC0-DE682A576CC7.jpeg 88CE9607-8116-46B2-B106-BCDFCC895DCB.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you medicated the fish with anything yet? Holding fish in a QT, especially with an ammonia issue, and not treating them is risky. Here is a link to my current quarantine protocol:

The spots on the puffer look too large to me ich, but I can't rule it out, as sometimes, you see a mixture of spots on a fish, some are ich and others are mucus or bacteria - so it makes a simple visual diagnosis very difficult.

What are "sea hen meds"?

Jay

OP
OP
S

StarterSaltWater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you medicated the fish with anything yet? Holding fish in a QT, especially with an ammonia issue, and not treating them is risky. Here is a link to my current quarantine protocol:

The spots on the puffer look too large to me ich, but I can't rule it out, as sometimes, you see a mixture of spots on a fish, some are ich and others are mucus or bacteria - so it makes a simple visual diagnosis very difficult.

What are "sea hen meds"?

Jay
Thanks @Jay Hemdal. Sorry meant SeaChem meds, I have not medicated the QT tank at all and none of these fish have been in my display yet. I am hesitant to start copper since it can be harsh on wrasse. Could this be a secondary infection caused by High ammonia? Would prefer to dose tank with metroplex etc if necessary.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back