White spot on Flasher wrasse

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a McCosker flasher wrasse this past Thursday. Everything appeared okay when it arrived no signs of injury ( the lips did appear white like in the photo). Went into the display and came right out and started swimming with the rest of the fish after leaving the tank dark a few hours. It ate the first day and has been eating at each meal until today. I feed three small meals a day. Yesterday I saw it get chased by my ruby fin fairy wrasse. It spent the better part of a few hours hiding and then came out with that white patch above it's head and today I noticed its lips look off almost like a bit of skin is hanging and they're white. Does it appear to have a bacterial infection?

20221113_145230.jpg

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking more closely it also looks like it's eye on one side is a little swollen. So I'm thinking I should get it out and treat with antibiotics correct?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just received a McCosker flasher wrasse this past Thursday. Everything appeared okay when it arrived no signs of injury ( the lips did appear white like in the photo). Went into the display and came right out and started swimming with the rest of the fish after leaving the tank dark a few hours. It ate the first day and has been eating at each meal until today. I feed three small meals a day. Yesterday I saw it get chased by my ruby fin fairy wrasse. It spent the better part of a few hours hiding and then came out with that white patch above it's head and today I noticed its lips look off almost like a bit of skin is hanging and they're white. Does it appear to have a bacterial infection?

20221113_145230.jpg
No need to rush into quarantine and react- looks like healing from injury showing blemish
Having a quarantine tank available is always good but keep an eye on it for continued healing and not development of a bacterial/fungal issue
Having in hand Maracyn two Or seachem kanaplex would not be a bad gesture

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May just be damage from running into something, perhaps while being chased. Fish to fish aggression may go away, stay the same or get worse - no way to predict that, so keep a close eye on them.
Jay

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to rush into quarantine and react- looks like healing from injury showing blemish
Having a quarantine tank available is always good but keep an eye on it for continued healing and not development of a bacterial/fungal issue
Having in hand Maracyn two Or seachem kanaplex would not be a bad gesture
Thank you for all the responses. I've got a hospital tank set up. If things look like they're getting worse or if it continues to not eat over the next day or two I'll move it and give it a course of antibiotics like kanaplex.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for all the responses. I've got a hospital tank set up. If things look like they're getting worse or if it continues to not eat over the next day or two I'll move it and give it a course of antibiotics like kanaplex.
That works !!

Back