White Spot on Wrasse

Doc1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple days ago I noticed a white spot on my flasher wrasse. At the time it was a bit smaller than the size of his eye. Since then I put him in my qt tank and treated for bacterial infection. The spot seems to have gone down a bit but I’m still posting because I’m hoping someone might know what this is so I can identify/prevent it in the future. Thanks

71C3F997-BD2C-41EA-AAEA-988373BDF257.png
569B01FF-C236-4150-A348-CB8F6D240796.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It does look like a small bacterial infection, possibly at the site of a minor injury?

Does the fish have any other symptoms?
Is it still feeding well?
What treatment did you give it?

jay

OP
OP
D

Doc1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It does look like a small bacterial infection, possibly at the site of a minor injury?

Does the fish have any other symptoms?
Is it still feeding well?
What treatment did you give it?

jay
It hasn’t lost it appetite and is the first one to the food when I put it in and it’s been behaving as normal (not constantly lying down). I’m using api melafix

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
If it’s still doing good , eating and swimming why worry about it. Feed it and let it be for now.

OP
OP
D

Doc1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s still doing good , eating and swimming why worry about it. Feed it and let it be for now.
I agree. I’m not as worried as I was before but I’m still just trying to understand more about the situation to better my knowledge in case it ever happens again

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I agree. I’m not as worried as I was before but I’m still just trying to understand more about the situation to better my knowledge in case it ever happens again
I’ve had a couple of nabs on my fish. Turns out the clown nips with the damsels.

If I would have got worked up over ick or something for nothing.. I get it though in this hobby we tend to stress out over anything. For me… phosphates shoot up oh no!! I see a white bleaching sps… NOOO.

Anyway hopefully it’s nothing

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hasn’t lost it appetite and is the first one to the food when I put it in and it’s been behaving as normal (not constantly lying down). I’m using api melafix
Melafix is more of a tonic than a true antibiotic, but it won't hurt. I'd just leave things alone for now and keep a close eye on it.

Jay

OP
OP
D

Doc1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melafix is more of a tonic than a true antibiotic, but it won't hurt. I'd just leave things alone for now and keep a close eye on it.

Jay
Okay that makes sense since I’m in Canada and they banned any selling of fish medication over the counter so it has to be prescribed by a vet. But I’ll keep up the dosing routine and monitor

Back