White Spots and Scratches on Blue Tang

goriogabriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Hoping someone can help me identify these white spots and scratches on my blue hippo tang.

i got him a month ago with white fades on his belly and i notice the scratches and spots continue to multiply. He also loves to scratch his skin on live rocks and would constantly fit himself in small openings of the rocks

His diet, breathing, and swimming looks normal. what could be the disease and how do i treat them?
I’m currently using Seachem supplements. No medication yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.MOV
    31.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi! Hoping someone can help me identify these white spots and scratches on my blue hippo tang.

i got him a month ago with white fades on his belly and i notice the scratches and spots continue to multiply. He also loves to scratch his skin on live rocks and would constantly fit himself in small openings of the rocks

His diet, breathing, and swimming looks normal. what could be the disease and how do i treat them?
Please post still pics. This movie link froze my computer and shut it down due to possible virus

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I got the video to play. The fish moves around quite a bit, but based on your description of the problem, my first thought is flukes. You can treat those with Prazipro, dosed 9 days apart, giving the tank good aeration.

Jay

OP
OP
goriogabriel

goriogabriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I got the video to play. The fish moves around quite a bit, but based on your description of the problem, my first thought is flukes. You can treat those with Prazipro, dosed 9 days apart, giving the tank good aeration.

Jay
Thanks! This is really helpful.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back