White spots not ich on pbt

dlightning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what the spots are on both the left and right fins? He has had them since I brought him home a couple of months ago. I quarantined him with cupramine for 1 month and pazipro for two weeks before putting him in the display tank. Not sure if they have gotten a little worse or they are the same. He eats well but I have not been able to get rid of this.

20170819_212108.jpg

OP
OP
dlightning

dlightning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's difficult to get a good pix of it. When all my t5's are on it's hard to see but very noticeable in lower lighting.

20170819_212502.jpg

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's what I think it is it's not contagious and may or may not go away on its own. I can't find the name anywhere but my copperband had it and it went away after a month with high water quality and good food

OP
OP
dlightning

dlightning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your quick responses. So it sounds like there is not much I can do about it. Hopefully it will disappear on it's own.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it's likely Lympho. Clean water and healthy food is all you can do, unless it covers the mouth or gills (rare) it's not lethal.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean water as in 0 nitrates and phosphates?

No, just keep up with regular maintenance/water changes. Whatever you would normally do. People (and corals) have varying opinions as to where your nitrites and phosphates should be, but most agree there should be SOME detectable nutrients.

OP
OP
dlightning

dlightning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, just keep up with regular maintenance/water changes. Whatever you would normally do. People (and corals) have varying opinions as to where your nitrites and phosphates should be, but most agree there should be SOME detectable nutrients.

Thank you! Hopefully it subsides.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed him good quality food and keep the water clean. It should go away soon. My blue tang had it a couple of times in the last 12 months. But to be too worried about.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see a better photo? I want to be sure before making an ID

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still hard to tell but could certainly be the beginnings of lymph. Any dots or spots on areas other than the fin where I can see?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has had them since I brought him home a couple of months ago

Assuming these white spots on the fins have been in the same spots and haven't gone away and come back in different areas, then I would go with lympho as well. If he's had the same spots in the same place for a couple months then it can't be ich. It's odd that they haven't gotten bigger in that time however. You'll probably want to look at water quality, quality of diet and stress levels. If it's lympho, something is causing it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back