White String Clownfish Poop Help

gwick16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have recently purchased 2 juvenile clowns from a LFS that quarantines fish. I have began to notice that one of my clowns has a very thin white poop that hangs from the bottom for like 30 minutes to an hour at a time. This has been going on for about a week now. The other clown has never had this. Both are eating very well and have tons of energy. I am feeding tdo chromaboost with mysis on occasion. Any thoughts on what this could be?? I have been reading up a little but confused on whether this is dietary or infectious. Please help

459D2252-0DA5-4E80-A346-80745B10C88A.jpeg 457A1241-5F55-476A-BCF9-D65ED54C4257.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, I have recently purchased 2 juvenile clowns from a LFS that quarantines fish. I have began to notice that one of my clowns has a very thin white poop that hangs from the bottom for like 30 minutes to an hour at a time. This has been going on for about a week now. The other clown has never had this. Both are eating very well and have tons of energy. I am feeding tdo chromaboost with mysis on occasion. Any thoughts on what this could be?? I have been reading up a little but confused on whether this is dietary or infectious. Please help

459D2252-0DA5-4E80-A346-80745B10C88A.jpeg 457A1241-5F55-476A-BCF9-D65ED54C4257.jpeg
Likely no need for alarm. Many stores as it is cost effective will feed either Mysis, brine shrimp or both which are great enticers for new arrivals and these foods cause excess mucus in the poop and many worry of internal issues.
Changing up the diet by adding small plankton, LRS fish frenzy and even flakes will change the color and reduced mucus from fats.
Often , internal issues will display loss of appetite, lethargic behavior, pinched belly.

OP
OP
gwick16

gwick16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely no need for alarm. Many stores as it is cost effective will feed either Mysis, brine shrimp or both which are great enticers for new arrivals and these foods cause excess mucus in the poop and many worry of internal issues.
Changing up the diet by adding small plankton, LRS fish frenzy and even flakes will change the color and reduced mucus from fats.
Often , internal issues will display loss of appetite, lethargic behavior, pinched belly.
Thanks. Do you recommend I keep feeding primarily chromaboost with mysis or should I stick to just one type of food? How long do you think this usually lasts for??

OP
OP
gwick16

gwick16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that the white stringy poop really only occurs after feeding chroma boost. Will this go away if I stick with it? Are there any alternatives that you guys would recommend?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back