White stringe waste from clownfish

SIllatman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I have started to notice long white stringy type pop comkng from my clown fish and I was wondering if someone could tell what this is of ways to try and get ride of it.
This is my frist ever time seeing this happen to my clownfish.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be intestinal parasite related. That said, my clown fish had similar symptoms a while back and I seemingly did nothing and the problem went away on its own.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Internal/intestinal parasites:

Symptoms - Internal parasites are also “worms,” but these target a fish’s intestines. As a result, the main symptom is white stringy poop. It has to be white; brownstringy poop, for example, can just mean intestinal irritation which requires no treatment.

Treatment options - API General Cure (a medication containing both praziquantel and metronidazole). Some species of internal worms are resistant to prazi, while others are resistant to metro, but usually not both. :wink: Seachem MetroPlex can be dosed directly in QT, or soaking fish food with it provides an alternative (and reef safe) treatment option. Two other available options are: Paracide-X (mixed in food) and Paracide-D (in-tank treatment).

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6A50D0A1-7B07-4F7A-817F-6B1526D55BE5.jpeg

If the fish eats pellets, this will also work with internal parasites.

OP
OP
S

SIllatman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Internal/intestinal parasites:

Symptoms - Internal parasites are also “worms,” but these target a fish’s intestines. As a result, the main symptom is white stringy poop. It has to be white; brownstringy poop, for example, can just mean intestinal irritation which requires no treatment.

Treatment options - API General Cure (a medication containing both praziquantel and metronidazole). Some species of internal worms are resistant to prazi, while others are resistant to metro, but usually not both. :wink: Seachem MetroPlex can be dosed directly in QT, or soaking fish food with it provides an alternative (and reef safe) treatment option. Two other available options are: Paracide-X (mixed in food) and Paracide-D (in-tank treatment).
Thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back