White stringy poop coral beauty

beginner_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my coral beauty has a parasitic infection. Stringy poop numerous times a day. She is eating fine. Can I treat the food with Metroplex in my display tank or will hurt the inverts?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my coral beauty has a parasitic infection. Stringy poop numerous times a day. She is eating fine. Can I treat the food with Metroplex in my display tank or will hurt the inverts?
Need a lot more....how old tank and size for starters....how long in your system, what are you feeding, how many other fish, parameters, give us the full breakdown. No clue on Metroplex, but if its a medication, its not going near my reef....FWIW, I've had stringy poop out of my CB once or twice over the years. Not something to be ignored all the same....

OP
OP
beginner_reefer

beginner_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure that the parameters and how old the tank is has nothing to with a parasitic infection. But thanks though.
Need a lot more....how old tank and size for starters....how long in your system, what are you feeding, how many other fish, parameters, give us the full breakdown. No clue on Metroplex, but if its a medication, its not going near my reef....FWIW, I've had stringy poop out of my CB once or twice over the years. Not something to be ignored all the same....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back