OP
O

Oliverw17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would search for other people's dosage in regards to puffers, puffers are a bit unique when it comes to medicating. No more so than lions, and that's my thing, so I know they can handle recommended dosages(considering displacement) of general cure, metroplex, and prazi pro. I am still a bit curious if he's been in the tank a year, internal parasites is one of those things you usually deal with within a month or so after introduction.

Dunno if these photos are clear enough but there was some white/ clear poo floating so i netted it out and put it in some water and whiter stuff sank clearer stuff floated

Is it likely its just his poo with shrimp colouration? In it? Or does it look like a worm to you guys? Ive read that it can just be a faecal cast?

IMG_20200924_071914.jpg IMG_20200924_071929.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't answer definitively no, but it doesn't look like what I have seen when I knew for sure it was internal parasites. It may vary from fish to fish as well, Do you it see it stuck to his butt or is it floating in the tank. Examples I've seen actually sinks and appears more of a solid white, almost like shredded plastic. I've also seen it stuck from the butt. Also stuck from the butt in a brown color, and I was told not to worry, the fish soon got pinched stomach and died. If what I am seeing is what you are talking about, it looks opaque in color and more segmented. Stringy poo would mean just that, it looks like string.

OP
OP
O

Oliverw17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't answer definitively no, but it doesn't look like what I have seen when I knew for sure it was internal parasites. It may vary from fish to fish as well, Do you it see it stuck to his butt or is it floating in the tank. Examples I've seen actually sinks and appears more of a solid white, almost like shredded plastic. I've also seen it stuck from the butt. Also stuck from the butt in a brown color, and I was told not to worry, the fish soon got pinched stomach and died. If what I am seeing is what you are talking about, it looks opaque in color and more segmented. Stringy poo would mean just that, it looks like string.

Dont think I've ever seen it stuck to him and i think it broke up whilst netting out? I thought a worm might not break up so easily but i dont know? The stuff i have seen in the tank previously has not sunk but kind of floated about the tank for a couple mins before usually sticking to a rock?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back