White stripes on bi color blenny

Louwritz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haloo

I have gotten a new tank mate 2 days ago a bi color blenny and this morning when I went to check he was covered in white stripes/spots.

I cant really find an answer on google of what it is, can I please have some advice to help him out.

The photo is off of google but it is identical to what is going on.

Screenshot_20210415_062914_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually it is indicative of ich or velvet. Pictures of your fish in white lighting is needed.

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s common… Usually when they get stressed they lose a lot of their deep colors so the stripes show up.

it also happens late at night when they’re sleeping, my guess is it helps them blend into the rock work.

OP
OP
L

Louwritz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s common… Usually when they get stressed they lose a lot of their deep colors so the stripes show up.

it also happens late at night when they’re sleeping, my guess is it helps them blend into the rock work.
I think you are correct, the color seemd a lot deeper and the stripes faded when I went to check just now.

I will keep on monitoring for the next couple of days just to make sure.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our bicolor blenny has white stripes every night as it is the nighttime camouflage. Our Foxface rabbit fish, tangs and other fish do the same thing at night. It’s normal.

OP
OP
L

Louwritz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
Our bicolor blenny has white stripes every night as it is the nighttime camouflage. Our Foxface rabbit fish, tangs and other fish do the same thing at night. It’s normal.
K thank you, it had this coloration most of the day and I just couldn't help but think that something is out of place

Lowlandreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about the spots, but my bicolor blenny also has these stripes. When I first got them the stripes were very good visible, but know they aren't anymore. I think it has to do with how healthy the fish is. When he eats well they are barely visible. Like others mentioned before, you can also see the stripes at night.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Same, my Bicolor has these stripes at night, or early when the lights just come on. I think it's camouflage

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back