White thin thing trigger

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a rectangular trigger that has these white things attached to his body. Also he’s had weight loss for the past 2 weeks and has a pinched stomach. I also have a picasso trigger that is pale and has alot of weight loss. Any help?!

DB09A29E-0F60-4B42-8054-9D06BC0E84D9.jpeg AF75547A-28F7-424E-BBD4-0BFA65D9F5C4.jpeg

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen that one before, I would try a 5 min FW dip for temporary relief.

Then a Methylene Blue bath for 30min for injures from the worms:

Then possibly treat with Praziquantel in a QT:

I've never seen these before but that's what I would try off the top of my head. Possibly @Humblefish @HotRocks @Big G @4FordFamily have seen this before. #reefsquad

OP
OP
RyanFish

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. I freshwater dipped him and nothing happened or popped off.

OP
OP
RyanFish

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhh I honestly don’t know. I’m sorry. I got the best picture I could.

OP
OP
RyanFish

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it has something to do with his rapid weight loss and pinched stomach too. His immune system is possibly compromised.

OP
OP
RyanFish

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its still eating a decent amount. It eats and loses weight. My picasso trigger eats alot but has dented dimples in his face, pinched stomach, and is pale.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would maybe try Polyplab medic , also start feeding with Selcon and Garlic to build up immune system

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its still eating a decent amount. It eats and loses weight. My picasso trigger eats alot but has dented dimples in his face, pinched stomach, and is pale.
Eating and losing weight is usually a symptom of internal pathogens. Treat by feeding General Cure with food. Food + General Cure + Focus for 10-14 days. Can add a small pinch of plain USP epsom salts to help expel dead worms/parasites.
Back to those little white things. Have you been treating the fish with copper?

OP
OP
RyanFish

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Will do. I have not been treating them with copper. I noticed these white things today and added copper because I didn’t know what else to do

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Will do. I have not been treating them with copper. I noticed these white things today and added copper because I didn’t know what else to do

The white things can be a couple of different things:

Worms. Look at the tail end with a magnifying glass and see if there is a forked tail.

More worms. Could be a type of roundworm. Treat in the water in a QT with General Cure or Prazipro

Lymphocystis. Sometimes when a fish's immune system is compromised, like the internal pathogens situation, Lympho, a viral condition will present. Usually it is cottony or cauliflower like but it can also be fibrous like fine thread. Treat with pristine water, high quality foods and add Beta Glucan to the food. It can work wonders on lympho. Mix Food + Focus + Beta Glucan and a bit of water to get the consistency you like. Feed to the fish everyday. The mix will stay good in the fridge for a few days.

No need for the copper. It's best for Ich and velvet parasites.

Back