White worms

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I do. Bread and yogurt. When there are a ton of them throughout the soil and they are trying to climb out of the container it’s time to change the soil. I tried at first to keep them in a cooler place but found out it really doesn’t have to be so cool. I keep my house between 69 and 74 F and they do just as well.

OP
OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I do. Bread and yogurt. When there are a ton of them throughout the soil and they are trying to climb out of the container it’s time to change the soil. I tried at first to keep them in a cooler place but found out it really doesn’t have to be so cool. I keep my house between 69 and 74 F and they do just as well.
How do you go about changing the soil?
I have yet to change mine

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I do is rinse off the worms in a strainer before feeding them to the fish. I’m probably paranoid but I worry about any soil residue getting into the tank. That potting soil has all kinds of chemicals in it.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense! Was thinking there was a way to save all the worms but I guess not.
It’s like throwing out chaeto. Seems wrong but what can you do? I’ve gifted all the worms I can and most people don’t want chaeto from someone’s tank they don’t know.

Crevalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many worms my fish could never eat them all (they’d like to try though) that I just take out 1/2 of the soil and throw it out. Them replace that 1/2 with fresh soil.
If you make your own frozen you could mix the extra into that like LRS does with black worms.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back