Whitening Golden Hammer Coral Help.

butcherreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time posting here, so I’m sure I’m doing this the wrong way. I have had this golden hammer for about 6 months now, it was doing very good full extension and color. However, it slowly started whitening and not extending fully so I moved it up to where a healthy hammer was on the frag rack, thinking it was due to light. My water parameters are good and this is the only coral in the entire tank having an issue. A perfectly healthy branching hammer right next to it (atleast in my eyes). It almost looks as if the tips are browning. Is this brown jelly disease? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
294868AE-4B82-4701-9310-2C0A9B3FA8D5.jpeg

6608EC47-744A-4799-A8D8-C082EF606A76.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see in the image, the frag might be too close to the glass (not enough room to spread out). In terms of BJD, gently remove the hammer and give it the smell test. If it reeks to high heaven (think rotting garbage or sewage), then you need to treat. You can try something like Reef Primer and pruning the affected areas.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
butcherreef

butcherreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, it does for sure smell a bit, going to give it a dip and move it to a different location. Thank you very much for the help.

Upvote 0
Back