Who’s hyped?!

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquashella is coming up really soon! Who’s hyped?! Any specific corals/livestock you plan to buy?

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought my ticket and decided to drive up from Nashville today. I'm brand new to the hobby, but nothing like jumping in with both feet. My tank should be cycled by the weekend, but I'm not entirely sure how I'd get anything home with me Sunday. Mostly looking to learn, but I could see myself picking something up as well.

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought my ticket and decided to drive up from Nashville today. I'm brand new to the hobby, but nothing like jumping in with both feet. My tank should be cycled by the weekend, but I'm not entirely sure how I'd get anything home with me Sunday. Mostly looking to learn, but I could see myself picking something up as well.
Welcome come to the hobby! Aquashella is amazing, you’ll enjoy it!

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone Think any vendors will be selling coral glue/paste? I’ll be in need of some

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're hyped for Aquashella! We'll be at booth #801; swing by to see us!

Just checked out your website.... VERY interesting, I'll be by to see it for sure.

Does anyone have any thoughts on bringing livestock home the next day? I'm going Saturday and driving (8hrs) home Sunday. Is that even possible/a good idea?

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People ship fish with less love and anxiety from the driver you would give them in the while they are in the passenger seat.
Monitoring volume levels of stereo, climate control, butt warmers (if so equipped).
Way safer than an overnight flight and freight truck to your home in a box... but that’s just my thought

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People ship fish with less love and anxiety from the driver you would give them in the while they are in the passenger seat.
Monitoring volume levels of stereo, climate control, butt warmers (if so equipped).
Way safer than an overnight flight and freight truck to your home in a box... but that’s just my thought

Hope they’re into Radiolab.

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got done. A lot of my favorite vendors from last year were sadly not there, last year there was a guy selling $40 ultra maximum clams (sadly mine died), but I got a decent looking clam for $50. A very nice acan and many more corals. Got more phytoplankton. And free t shirt, fish food, and some filter media!

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at the hotel, nice show. Learned a lot about corals, can’t wait to get rolling with those. Picked up a couple Sicce Powerheads, and fritz bacteria, Red Sea reef test kit, and a pair of long finned clowns that I’m picking up tomorrow morning before leaving town.

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home last night from Aquashella... pretty tired today but it was a great experience. Great to meet a bunch of people and as a brand new person in this hobby, learn a TON. I have some pretty grand plans now... Just gotta get caught up on work and sleep first. Oh, and I gotta do a water change...

IMG_8101.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

And my two little guys:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they have more freshwater at the Dallas show this year. Mostly all I saw were betta's at this past years show. I was really shocked at how many people there were freshwater only. I know they had to be disappointed at how very little freshwater was actually at the show.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got done. A lot of my favorite vendors from last year were sadly not there, last year there was a guy selling $40 ultra maximum clams (sadly mine died), but I got a decent looking clam for $50. A very nice acan and many more corals. Got more phytoplankton. And free t shirt, fish food, and some filter media!

Not sure how he was doing that price on ultra's. His cost would have to be close to that. Maybe he ordered in a few hundred to get that pricing.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back