Who actually has 40+ psi of water pressure from their house?

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to put float switch on my RODI but I am lucky to get 25 psi on my RODI unit. I am starting to think without a booster pump its just not possible. I am at my third house and never have I seen 40+psi. I tried bumping the water pressure at the regulator in my house but it didnt seem to change anything and didnt want to burst my pipes lol.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get about 60 out of the faucet, but I still use a booster pump to push it up to 80psi for the RO. I am running a 400GPD system though.

Whoa! 400GPD.

You must have done what I keep threatening to do: seal the basement and fill it full of salt water. Just gotta figure out where to put that darn furnace. :)

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! 400GPD.

You must have done what I keep threatening to do: seal the basement and fill it full of salt water. Just gotta figure out where to put that darn furnace. :)

Nope, no basements here in AZ. I just HATE waiting for water. I can fill a 44g Brute in about 90 minutes.

80 psi+ here too. 470 ppm TDS though so it's no all sunshine and roses.

My TDS from the tap is usually 600-700. Water is TERRIBLE here and no one drinks it without filtration. Most people have softners AND an RO system under the sink for drinking water.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would really like to put float switch on my RODI but I am lucky to get 25 psi on my RODI unit. I am starting to think without a booster pump its just not possible. I am at my third house and never have I seen 40+psi. I tried bumping the water pressure at the regulator in my house but it didnt seem to change anything and didnt want to burst my pipes lol.

I get about 68-70psi at the spigot in the laundry closet where my RODI is hooked up.

Grab a booster pump and don't look back.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a pressure tank you can change pressure switch which is usually a 40/ 60 to a 60/80 switch or like me I went ahead and bought a booster pump which cost about $100 more than a pressure switch.
My psi was at 30 and pump gets it up to 80.
I would have changed switched but I may sell my house in a couple years and thought I would just buy the booster pump.

Seanislav

Rectangular Money Pit Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gauge on my RO/DI unit reads 70-80psi, which is the highest I've seen from a municipal supply.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back