Who actually has 40+ psi of water pressure from their house?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running off city water or a well? I'm running of the city and get 65psi.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on City water and get ~60 psi. For the rodi on ground floor I have no booster and single to membrane.

I use a booster in the basement to dial in 80-85 for my dual membrane so I can get more water faster for the larger system

LCC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 75 psi at my well and 42-45 psi by the time the water makes it to the house. Been running coralife float valves in my top off containers for several years. They stop the flow into the top off containers but like BeejReef said the waist water will continue to run with the low water pressure. I just turn the water off to the rodi between my once a week top off container fill ups.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen houses with 100+ psi from city water. I unfortunately only have around 45. With my booster I get 82 at my rodi. Makes a huge difference with speed of production water.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get 65. Have you tried changing the float so that it's pointing down more? for some reason that worked better for me. If it's more horizontal, then it doesn't shut off entirely. Something about the angle made it close more securely.

LCC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
I get 65. Have you tried changing the float so that it's pointing down more? for some reason that worked better for me. If it's more horizontal, then it doesn't shut off entirely. Something about the angle made it close more securely.
i adjusted them to point down more, which seems to work best for those typs of floats. Otherwise the water level is an inch or more over the attachment location of the valve. With low water pressure the waste side of the rodi seems to continue to run even when the float valve is closed.

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at about 35-40 until my well pump died. My well guy replaced that with a big**s DC pump that is exactly 71 psi all the time. I be loving it (until my RO float valve sticks open on me).

I have a 2nd RO pressure tank ($40) with a valve between the main tank (and ro system itself) and the 2nd tank. This means if my top off float fails only 5 gal of water will be sent to my sump and wont overflow my system.

Every few days i open the valve between the two ganks to re- pressurize

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back