Who bit you in your tank?

CrazyCatLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad others have had problems with clowns and I'm not the only one. I had a maroon clown years ago that would bite if I got close to his anemone, but the clarkii I have now will go anywhere in the tank to get me. He even realizes that if I have gloves on, he has to go above the glove to draw blood.

The only other clowns that would take a little bite every once in a while were a pair of Ocellaris that were protecting their eggs. That at least makes sense.
Clarkiis are vicious!

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Pennywise” or AKA “IT”- the evil clarki clown!
SHe was vicious! Only towards my hands! I had her in the frag tank- so that wasn’t very fun...
She now lives in a big tank with a friend of mine.

D1A3D265-4B48-470A-BCA0-FD54AFBB74DC.jpeg
261E145C-008D-4BD8-80F8-2EFDE6894F54.jpeg

My cleaner and peppermint shrimp also like to clean my hands. But honestly I think it’s neat and don’t mind.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a fish but my skunk cleaner shrimp sometimes decides to rip a chunk of skin from my hand and runs off with it if I don't let him 'clean' my hand before doing tank maintenance.
Whenever this happens I jump slightly because I think my torch stung me. Then I got used to it. Then when the torch did sting me I thought it was my shrimp lol

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns have both bitten my hand when I get to close to their torch coral during maintenance, and one time my bicolor blenny bit me for no reason and I wasn't even close to his cave XD it left a tiny little mark for a few days, he actually tore skin.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly a bite, but more of a poke, gotten stung by my long spine urchin. Sneaky devil....just not paying enough attention I guess.
Totally know what that feel like! My evil clown “pennywise” would get me and make me jerk my hand and many times right into long spine utchin! Broke some spikes- stabbed my hand and arm more times then I would like to recall. That’s why I had to regime the clown. She was a pretty fish- just hated me and my hands in “her” tank lol

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice looking shark, do you have any videos of this beast?
Sorry, no videos. I had this guy in a cool water temperate tank in the 90's. Caught him while fishing one day, set him free after a few months. Side note, I've been bit and stab by so many things out in the ocean over the years. There was a harbor seal that used to follow me while free dive spear fishing at my favorite reef and bite (actually it was just a nibble) to get my attention for a free handout on a regular basis. Garibaldi fish can bite pretty darn hard when protecting their eggs.(Just a giant damsel fish) Been bit by a Moray Eel while reaching for lobsters, stuck by sting rays, scorpion fish and sea urchins galore. Such is life in nature!;Meh

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always the smaller of my 2 snowflake clowns, every time I do tank maintenance.

csinclair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a peppermint shrimp that tries to attach itself to my fingers. I swear he would bite me if he could.

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bites....yet. I have, however, been stung by both a mini maxi carpet nem and a BTA. My yellow Foxface used to nibble me when I'd work in the tank because my hand was always the one attaching nori to the nori clip. lol

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clowns is becoming a monster. I have the tendency to pull back when I get bit, stung or zapped. Ill get going on some in tank maintenance and not get bothered for the first 5 to 10 min, then out of nowhere that clown nips me a get startled and pull back and splash saltwater down the front of me and the floor. Ive gotten to the point ill set towels down around the tank when I'm in it. I know its coming, I just don't know when and it gets me every time.

shanzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clownfish used to attack me when she was a juvenile. She stopped as soon as I realised my sparkly rings were her trigger. NOW my starry blenny, who I have had for just as long as her, will randomly attack my hand/arm during maintenance. It always startles the crap out of me. He gets me when I’m focused!

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas Blenny bites my arm anytime I put my hand in. Not sure if he is being grumpy or thinks my arm hair waving in the water is food. Scares the bejesus outta me every time it happens. My two clowns are model citizens. I've had the female for 6 years. She is older than my son! Never an issue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back