Who bit you in your tank?

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female Maroon clownfish fish did this. And just think I have her for 14 years
AA8B3356-51C4-4221-BCF4-B6D5D6A96F8E.jpeg

Powahfull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first day of saltwater I bare handed the established live rock to put into the tank I thought man those rocks are Fing sharp! I hope it's ok for the live stock..... Then it started itching...... Then I saw a bristleworm for the first time.

Deyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperate tank 1987 1 06142018.jpg

This guy caught me pretty good. Was in the middle of feeding him and got distracted while still holding a shrimp in my hand and my hand in the tank. Since he was already in a feeding frenzy he didn't care if I was looking or not. Chomp Chomp!;Inpain:oops:;Facepalm
Felt like this,
Thumb 4mp 008.jpg
That looks like it hurt - damm

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bite but an all out assualt. My 5 yer old Black lion nailed me three times up my fore arm. Not his fault my heater had failed and killed him. I had him in a net and in the process of removing him his body rolled in the net and 3 "needles did there thing. Poison Center call and then to the E.R. Couple years back.

My wife got slapped on the tip of her index finger by our Blue Tang about 3 weeks ago.
Hurt big time, ended up at the E.R, and got antibiotics and a few pain pills. It's just now sluffing off dead skin and the impact zone looks like a blood blister but rock hard. Tang is fine. :)

Massic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish used to nip at me or the feeding syringe the first few months after they were added, but everyone is model citizens now. However, I've accidently caught myself on pieces of sharp aquascape plenty of times, nothing like salt water in a fresh abrasion.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish, Porcupine Puffer and Clown Trigger...#the struggle is real

Blumon18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown fish Nancy

Attachments

• 20210508_223942.jpg
    20210508_223942.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 27

mommbass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gluing a new digi today and my lawnmower blenny decided to take a shot at me, he’s small and I have the hands of a lowland gorilla so not much of an event but got me thinking. In all the years how many times I’ve been bit in the tank. I had a maroon clown that truly enjoyed nipping me any time I stuck my hands in the tank but the worst was a shoal tang that was pure evil he once got me so good I was bleeding, though he did not bite, he slashed me That fish hated me so much anytime I went by the tank he did his best to attack me through the glass. Whenever I need to work on the tank my wife had to coral him with nets to keep me safe lol.
My fire clowns draw blood!

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stinking clownfish. She's the owner of the top of the tank. Pretty sure she also killed off my Aptasia eating filefish too since they wanted to hang around the top. :(
IMG_3519.jpeg

Maximus52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My clown fish would attack me all the time when I had a female and male. Since my female died, the male has calmed down and doesn’t mess with me. A few years back I was moving my tank to a new house and getting help on the move. I had a foxface that was in the tank. While moving the rock I warned the guy helping me about it. He told me that he’s removed dozens of fox faces and they never sting until it did. He had some blood on his palm and said it hurt but not too bad. About a week later I saw him with a swollen hand. He told me he almost went to the ER because the pain was so bad. Not a bite, but a decision to rehome foxy.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple clownfish, neon gobies, a bicolor blenny, various damsels, coral banded shrimp (technically not a bite, but will aggressively attack if you get too close to its territory), dogface puffer (was an accident, was hand feeding and he nicked my finger), a few different basslets/dottybacks, and the worst bite, from the most aggressive fish I’ve ever owned, an undulated trigger (took a little chunk out of my hand, still have an almost perfectly round scar on the back of my hand from it, see below).

I also got bit by a wild moray, not sure what kind it was (it was dark out). I used to live in Puerto Vallarta, and we were on the pier drinking with a bunch of locals who were fishing, and one guy pulled up this moray (probably two feet long), and he was just going to leave it to die on the pier, that wasn’t going to work for me. So I gently tried to push it towards and over the edge with my foot. I was wearing flip flops and the eel was snapping all over the place and just as I got it almost over the edge into the water, it got the side of my foot. It wasn’t too bad, the locals had a good laugh, and I was happy to have saved the eel.
C5610BDD-B7BD-4D5F-BC0B-0953D32C711F.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back