Who bit you in your tank?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From now on I am pulling the plug on anything. Got a jolt putting my hands in my tank once when the wire insulation was compromised on my power head
It happens!! In my case, I had a Hydor Koralia leaking stray voltage. There was also a pump on my Reef Octo skimmer that was suspect. I'm still jumpy and now I wear gloves - nice long ones if I have any real work to do. I will admit to getting occasionally lazy with food but I'm like 95% gloves - 100% slippers. If I change socks or work in the sump, I cut power. Honestly, I do a better job without flow throwing nasty stuff everywhere anyway so it's kind of a no brainer. Not shutting down is really lazy.
Stay safe.

jebflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperate tank 1987 1 06142018.jpg

This guy caught me pretty good. Was in the middle of feeding him and got distracted while still holding a shrimp in my hand and my hand in the tank. Since he was already in a feeding frenzy he didn't care if I was looking or not. Chomp Chomp!;Inpain:oops:;Facepalm
Felt like this,
Thumb 4mp 008.jpg
That looks so painful

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine has been:
Maroon Clown
Undulated trigger

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220522_012220712.jpg

This one here will eat from my fingers when it's feeding time...but if any more than my fingers go into the tank, it gets bitten !

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use to have a blue throat trigger that gave me a strong bite on my index finger once that it drew blood and hurt for a week. Was so shocked because it always appears so sweet and calm. After the fish always gave me this look as if he was saying - got you really good didn’t I!

Kooz21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Niger Trigger. His name is Satan.
Yep, Niger trigger for me too. Would light me up every time I had my hand in the tank. After several bites, I tried to intimidate him by making my hand big and being aggressive toward him… bad idea, lol. Had to find him a new home because he was seriously about to eat Nemo (now Pirate Nemo because he has one eye and a peg leg dorsal fin, all thanks to the trigger). He was beautiful, but I don’t miss him a bit.
Although my clownfish is as docile as could be. After reading all these posts, maybe I should thank big blue for that!

Cool Ethan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My midas blenny! He's gotten used to me now but when I first got him it was pretty constant lol

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bites yet. I’ve been popped by my pistol shrimp which just felt like someone flicking at my finger and I rubbed an eye after messing with zoas once causing a nasty reaction and a drs visit. Im crossing my fingers that I never get stung by my fox face. If anyone is going to bite me though it’s my small male clown. He makes “fight me! I dare you!” moves every time my hand is anywhere near his corner of the tank.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No biters yet, the clown in my avatar was a sweetheart and model citizen for 15 years, and no other fish I had are really known for it. Cleaner shrimps tickle though!

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aNY
I was gluing a new digi today and my lawnmower blenny decided to take a shot at me, he’s small and I have the hands of a lowland gorilla so not much of an event but got me thinking. In all the years how many times I’ve been bit in the tank. I had a maroon clown that truly enjoyed nipping me any time I stuck my hands in the tank but the worst was a shoal tang that was pure evil he once got me so good I was bleeding, though he did not bite, he slashed me That fish hated me so much anytime I went by the tank he did his best to attack me through the glass. Whenever I need to work on the tank my wife had to coral him with nets to keep me safe lol.
Any fish that bites me does not get a second chance.

Back to the LFS, or swimming their way to the ocean

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 inch clown tang that really doesn’t like my hand in the tank, flares his fins and takes swipes at me. Bites me a lot when I’m cleaning the glass and finally drew blood yesterday. Wife wasn’t to happy. And of course now she’s afraid of the tank bc of the tang of all things that are in this tank……not the puffers or triggers just the tang.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Ocellaris clown will always bite/try to bite me when I start rearranging corals or aquascape, and will even attack "new corals"! :p

But my maroon was an evil *******, and after I nearly broke the aquarium front panel, when he bit me, I traded him in for store credit at the local LFS.

Kyler P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown would always try to pull all the hairs off the back of my hand while cleaning the glass hahaha

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back