Who bit you in your tank?

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gladiator clown in my small tank is a biter. In the bigger tank its the orange spot rabbitfish that likes to bite. He has little piranha teeth. I have to put seaweed on a clip at the opposite side of the tank anytime my arm goes in

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I decide to feed some flake, my magnificent foxface and two bar rabbitfish will suckle on my fingers as I slowly disperse the pinch through the tank. It's as if they think it will make more flake appear lol.
A long time ago had a pair of clowns that must have been piranha in their previous life. Didn't matter where your hand was in relation to them in an 8ft tank, they'd find you. Even jump out of the water trying to get you. Two of the easiest fish I've ever caught out of any tank. Just let them latch on and pulled them out. Could care less about having another clown in my tank after them two.

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gluing a new digi today and my lawnmower blenny decided to take a shot at me, he’s small and I have the hands of a lowland gorilla so not much of an event but got me thinking. In all the years how many times I’ve been bit in the tank. I had a maroon clown that truly enjoyed nipping me any time I stuck my hands in the tank but the worst was a shoal tang that was pure evil he once got me so good I was bleeding, though he did not bite, he slashed me That fish hated me so much anytime I went by the tank he did his best to attack me through the glass. Whenever I need to work on the tank my wife had to coral him with nets to keep me safe lol.
3 clowns and a lemonpeel this morning, little piggies

Bob LI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad others have had problems with clowns and I'm not the only one. I had a maroon clown years ago that would bite if I got close to his anemone, but the clarkii I have now will go anywhere in the tank to get me. He even realizes that if I have gloves on, he has to go above the glove to draw blood.

The only other clowns that would take a little bite every once in a while were a pair of Ocellaris that were protecting their eggs. That at least makes sense.

Attachments

• clown&coral.jpg
    clown&coral.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 63

MB_Fahrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperate tank 1987 1 06142018.jpg

This guy caught me pretty good. Was in the middle of feeding him and got distracted while still holding a shrimp in my hand and my hand in the tank. Since he was already in a feeding frenzy he didn't care if I was looking or not. Chomp Chomp!;Inpain:oops:;Facepalm
Felt like this,
Thumb 4mp 008.jpg
OUCH!

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellowtail damsel alpha in my tank. Meanest fish in the world. Sometimes I throw food in the tank to try to distract him (or her?), but he'll still come after me and ignore the food! Bullies every new fish added to the tank until they pay him respect. Can't kill the darn thing either. He took a ride through my first tank's plumbing and I found him in a filter sock days later all beat to heck. Thought for sure he was a goner. He's still alive 10 years later. If I ever catch him again, I'm going to buy a cat just so I can feed him to it.

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blenny used to nip at me all the time. Now it's my clownfish lol. She doesn't like my hands in the tank at all.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female snowflake clown - gotta watch for her. A golden midas blenny as I transferred him by hand into the display. And finally either my blue jaw trigger or foxface - not sure which one but it hurt the worse of all three bites.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ocellaris sometimes might try but generally is a bit more hesitant, while at the same time being more likely to be out in the open.

My cinnamon clownfish however bites all the time. She also tends to be more shy.

CrazyCatLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cinnamon clown will tag me if I'm in his half of the 125. As bad of a reputation as maroon clowns have, I have only had ours make a bee-line for my hand in our 180 and then stop and turn around about 1/2 inch from my hand.

Did have a Clarkii who made it their mission to never let my hand enter the tank without being viscously attacked. It lives at the LFS now.

Our Valentini puffer will sometimes bite me, but that's on me for putting my hands in the tank anytime after the whites turn off (blues only is feeding time). He's far too derpy and adorable to have an malicious intent behind his bites.

Have been swiped by a few tangs.

chousecat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperate tank 1987 1 06142018.jpg

This guy caught me pretty good. Was in the middle of feeding him and got distracted while still holding a shrimp in my hand and my hand in the tank. Since he was already in a feeding frenzy he didn't care if I was looking or not. Chomp Chomp!;Inpain:oops:;Facepalm
Felt like this,
Thumb 4mp 008.jpg
Wow nice looking shark, do you have any videos of this beast?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back