kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well what's the news from the front
He's still clacking away in my bedroom tank. With the holidays I haven't moved more rock yet. I'll probably pull another one out tonight, though. I'm battling a nasty, out-of-nowhere cyano battle, so I don't necessarily want to transfer the live rock to my main tank yet. I should be able to determine which rock he's living in within the week.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's still clacking away in my bedroom tank. With the holidays I haven't moved more rock yet. I'll probably pull another one out tonight, though. I'm battling a nasty, out-of-nowhere cyano battle, so I don't necessarily want to transfer the live rock to my main tank yet. I should be able to determine which rock he's living in within the we
Well good luck! Hope you get him

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just finished reading this thread and now I don’t know what’s more scary:
Rock of bobbit worms as your first ever hitchhikers, or mantis shrimp clackering away and chomping on your fish.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just finished reading this thread and now I don’t know what’s more scary:
Rock of bobbit worms as your first ever hitchhikers, or mantis shrimp clackering away and chomping on your fish.
I've never encountered bobbit worms, thankfully, so I've gotta say mantis shrimp. He clackety-clacks all night and is a cold-blooded killer.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never encountered bobbit worms, thankfully, so I've gotta say mantis shrimp. He clackety-clacks all night and is a cold-blooded killer.
I wish you luck on your fight! I haven’t encountered bobbitworms for 7-8 years, and hope to never encounter them again. I would however like my wrasse to stop chomping on the hitchhikers every time I find a good one haha

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my...after reading this i really hope the clicking noise from my tank is a pistol shrimp( only saw it once very briefly in the dark) and not the mantis. No carnage here yet.

Go Team kittenbritches

btw this thread is hilarious and the true facts video is the cherry on the top

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my...after reading this i really hope the clicking noise from my tank is a pistol shrimp( only saw it once very briefly in the dark) and not the mantis. No carnage here yet.

Go Team kittenbritches

btw this thread is hilarious and the true facts video is the cherry on the top
you can never be sure that is the name of the game ;)
Confused Emma Stone GIF by SAG Awards

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how’s the fight going now? Still mantis shrimp in the lead or have you finally started to beat him to the curb?
Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

I am trying to negotiate with @kittenbritches but she said she is determined to get me out of here so I hide. Doing well so fare ;)

I am working on my winking too maybe that will help

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And than all of the sudden there was quiet. But listen now there is clicking in the other tank …. or no …. maybe in this one …. or is it in that one really? It is like finding the smoke alarm running out of battery :p

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And than all of the sudden there was quiet. But listen now there is clicking in the other tank …. or no …. maybe in this one …. or is it in that one really? It is like finding the smoke alarm running out of battery :p
I've been so busy and broken!! Haha. That friggin guy is clacking his heart out about five feet (1.524 meters for the Chissits, Canucks, and other metric system-loving folks) from my bed. I was going to pull another rock today, but I worked until 8:30 and am terribly tuckered out. I'll keep y'all posted! Fingers crossed I pick the right rock tomorrow!

Back