who else buys brown acropora colonies? lets see some before and after photos! :)

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna be conpletely honest, I did not understand a word of what you just said. This is too techy for me[emoji23]. Do iphones have an sd card?
no, youll need a data cable (the one that is used for charging will work) and a micro usb adapter so you can connect your camera to the same cable that goes to your phone. PM me if you have more questions ill find something online for you and PM you

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, youll need a data cable (the one that is used for charging will work) and a micro usb adapter so you can connect your camera to the same cable that goes to your phone. PM me if you have more questions ill find something online for you and PM you
Ok sounds good :)

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ladies and gents... our new contestants;)
5ee5665a5ac64cf45b6afcdc0994d69a.jpg
78547da47a2ccd108b561902dc30aa2e.jpg

The second one looks like A. Spathulata. Did the vendor happen to tell you the species name? Spaths are fussy. Keep us updated for sure!! ;Cat

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second one looks like A. Spathulata. Did the vendor happen to tell you the species name? Spaths are fussy. Keep us updated for sure!! ;Cat

The pale one is a tenius and the second is a milli :) my bets are on the tenius though.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would be that guy who would sale it to you as a millie. i had no idea what a Spathulata was.;Shamefullyembarrased

Millie's, Spath's and Prostrata's are so similar that they get mistaken for each other fairly often. The dead giveaway for a spathulata is the color. Pink and green is the most common color form.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gel filters and macro lens havent arrived yet but my camera and porthole did! A quick experemental picture, colors didnt fare very well without a gel filter but I thought I would share anyways.
ba2df86f79f9c2c0ce9261480c828bc8.jpg

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the second photo you posted, whats the blue acro on the side of the rockwork?
the one on the top left is what i think is a tyree superman but im not sure ;Happy
the one on the bottom left is a new wild acro cutting still growing out. and might be one of my favorites in the tank. if you know the name let me know :)

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one on the top left is what i think is a tyree superman but im not sure ;Happy
the one on the bottom left is a new wild acro cutting still growing out. and might be one of my favorites in the tank. if you know the name let me know :)

Yeah i had my eye on that one too haha, looks like a tenius

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vivid charges alot for colonies right?
(im just not in the market for them) i think so, you get better luck at LFS >for frags<. its that if i want to spend 100+ on a coral itll have to be within my to 5 list of acros. maybe im just cheap.

plus i have a nano so i cant really buy those 7+ inch colonies lol

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back