who else buys brown acropora colonies? lets see some before and after photos! :)

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Got this from lfs. He was going to throw it out. I have had it for about a month. I noticed a little color. Maybe its going to turn into something good. Under whites it is brown with a little green. it was dark brown when I got it. bad picture but under blues it is green.
IMG_20190101_195134040.jpg

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Just a question for you guys. When your acros are brown do they go through a transition phase of green first and then back to it's original color?

Purchased a few acros at the beginning but due to unstable parameters/lighting, those frags have browned out. Once I got everything in line, I got some new acros and they are all doing great with vibrant colors but my old frags have been turning brown to green. Just wondering is this a normal transition or is there something else that may be a problem.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Just a question for you guys. When your acros are brown do they go through a transition phase of green first and then back to it's original color?

Purchased a few acros at the beginning but due to unstable parameters/lighting, those frags have browned out. Once I got everything in line, I got some new acros and they are all doing great with vibrant colors but my old frags have been turning brown to green. Just wondering is this a normal transition or is there something else that may be a problem.
In my experience there is a transition period. It usually takes several months. The color will usually lighten up first then start to switch. Stick with it and you’ll be rewarded. The outcome can be very surprising sometimes.

TK_KW

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's a wild deep water colony I bought that was white, who knew what to expect. Had holes in skeleton where a polyp should have been. I now looks like this, with blue polyps.

And second photo is of pink Cadillac that wasn't going so hot when I got it.

PhotoCollage_20200213_095034519.jpg 20200211_075806.jpg

Is it HARD or EASY for you to keep your corals colorful? (check all that apply)

• SPS Hard

Votes: 367 60.5%
  • SPS Easy

Votes: 153 25.2%
  • LPS Hard

Votes: 99 16.3%
  • LPS Easy

Votes: 403 66.4%
  • Zoas Hard

Votes: 60 9.9%
  • Zoas Easy

Votes: 403 66.4%