Who else is wanting an update/build progress of last years BRS Dream tank giveaway?

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also love an awesome build thread. I like all the well done build threads out there. But I fully understand why they don't happen as often as we'd like
…just to be clear, I understood Ryan and Randy to say that they would be flying out with the winner to Route 66 Coral and Marine Collectors to help pick stuff out. So this was more of me questioning BRS and updates especially with the changes going on with them. I would much rather watch a couple cool guys and a fellow reefer go to some cool places then a sales pitch on Nuvo and Waterbox systems! I wasn’t here to bash the winner. I did make a comment about how excited they were, but that was brought about by Ryan commenting that if you weren’t excited enough he would call the next on the list and it wasn’t meant as an attack on the winner.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
…just to be clear, I understood Ryan and Randy to say that they would be flying out with the winner to Route 66 Coral and Marine Collectors to help pick stuff out. So this was more of me questioning BRS and updates especially with the changes going on with them. I would much rather watch a couple cool guys and a fellow reefer go to some cool places then a sales pitch on Nuvo and Waterbox systems! I wasn’t here to bash the winner. I did make a comment about how excited they were, but that was brought about by Ryan commenting that if you weren’t excited enough he would call the next on the list and it wasn’t meant as an attack on the winner.

Randy is gone from BRS. I'd bet the trip with Ryan will be up to the winner to figure out a time. Whenever the tank is ready.

Ryan would put those videos up on his own FB page I'm sure

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the gear was donated to charities as the winner said it was way over the top and too much. Which it was.

I don't think anyone has the right to say how someone else should feel. If I won, there would have been very little excitement in my voice. 1) I don't get energetic and crazy over winning things. 2) it wasn't my dream tank in almost any way.

So kind of unfair to say someone should have been screaming and yelling and keeping a fully updated build thread. Entitled much?

Build threads are not easy to maintain and some get very little interaction so the OP gets discouraged and stops posting.

The guy who won has been a hobbyist for quite a while and gave updates in the BRS group. I see no issue if he decided to sell it. Especially if it wouldn't work in his home. Not a chance my wife would let it go in our home. The stand didn't match anything in our house. That was the biggest mistake BRS made. Picking the tank and stand was a big swing and miss. They could have given out 5 $20k systems and not overwhelmed one person with so much junk.

I couldn’t agree more, I wouldn’t have kept the setup if I won as I prefer my current build over the setup BRS went with.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back