Who from AZ is going to Reef-A-Palooza in Aneheim? Aug 17-18

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ That.

I'm going to have to wait to nail down if I go or not till the last minute. So much going on between now and then. But might as well see who else is going. Maybe some folks can group up and carpool..

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best thing about going? I can go but want to know if it is really worth the effort.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best thing about going? I can go but want to know if it is really worth the effort.
You'd enjoy it. It's an opportunity to get just about any coral you want for generally less then the typical "market" value. If you know your prices and bring cash, you can find decent deals.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All the freebies and networking. I actually had a couple of things lined up with a few companies but now I may not get to go.

ArizonaAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO mostly for the coral and connections. Meet many great people every chance I get to go and always come across smokin' coral deals. Us Arizona people usually can only get to the conventions in California/Las Vegas so we have to make the best of it[emoji1303]

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very much considering going. I only have a 20g waterbox right now but i'm using it as a grow out tank until I get my big tank up and running in the new house. Thinking I'll pick up a few nice frags that aren't often available over here to get established and by the time they're little mini colonies move them to the big tank in the new house.

For those considering going; it's a fun time. When i owned a lfs in Portland, we would fly down and make a mini vacation out of it. Lots of deals to be had if you bring cash. Just bring a good cooler for the ride back.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there. We have our room booked and I have my tickets for both days. Wife will be lounging by the pool or doing some touristy stuff...

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to go, but I can't justify it. Heck I can't buy Frags even. I have no place to put them. Darn Tanks are Cycling.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, we have a cfm here in phoenix on december 7 (pearl harbor day). Not sure if it's going to hold a candle to rap but by then you should be ready for corals.
It simply can't hold that candle. No disrespect to any organizers; it's just not a fair comparison.

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am contemplating it, but wondering, how do you transport the coral? And what do you do with them while walking around? Do the different places hold them until you are ready to leave or do you have to carry them with you the whole time?

As you can tell...I have never been to one of these so I have no idea what to expect.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back