Who from AZ is going to Reef-A-Palooza in Aneheim? Aug 17-18

ArizonaAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am contemplating it, but wondering, how do you transport the coral? And what do you do with them while walking around? Do the different places hold them until you are ready to leave or do you have to carry them with you the whole time?

As you can tell...I have never been to one of these so I have no idea what to expect.
You can transport the coral in multiple ways. In the bags, Tupperware, coolers, etc. For MACNA Las Vegas I just kept them in the bags and brought a styrofoam box and ice packs with me.

The different vendors will hold them for you until the last day of the show. I usually end up leaving the same day the show ends so the coral is never in a bag too long. Even 24 hrs in a bag won't hurt the coral so as long as you get it into your tank before then, you'll be alright.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am contemplating it, but wondering, how do you transport the coral? And what do you do with them while walking around? Do the different places hold them until you are ready to leave or do you have to carry them with you the whole time?

As you can tell...I have never been to one of these so I have no idea what to expect.

Every vendor I've ever bought from at these events will hold the coral until you're ready to leave for home. You have to pay first, but they will move them to the back area of the tank where the sold frags are. JP

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reached out to my friends and family and no one wants a free trip to go see, "Boring reef stuff". I'm in if I can tag along with others, I can drive or pay gas, (whatever works best). I am in Tucson, so it would be nice if others from here are going, but I can meet people in Phoenix if no one from here is going... :)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer... I just received my Zen Reef coral transport system, so I'm ready to bring home some stuff!

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer... I just received my Zen Reef coral transport system, so I'm ready to bring home some stuff!
Dare I ask what size rack you got? DO you put it in a Rubbermaid style tub with water and go?

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really wanted to go and checked with the wife but we have plans already for the Week-end. I didn't know we had plans. or I should have known... Or whatever...

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dare I ask what size rack you got? DO you put it in a Rubbermaid style tub with water and go?
No the racks stack and fit into a 5 gallon drink cooler. I could probably hold about 300 frags in it...

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300 frags? I’d like to see a picture of this frag vessel. Who buys that many frags? :)
LOL not me... I'll probaly only pick up 2 or 3, but I have room for more :). I'll post a video of it, because it's actually a really cool setup. It's really designed for vendors to transport their frags to frag swaps and shows. Eventually I plan to sell frags at some shows, so I got this setup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 63 85.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back