Who has issues with rising CA/falling MG on their Trident?

My Trident has the rising CA / Falling MG problem

• Total voters

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It also fixed the Mg issue? Any ideas how? I can see levels rising if the trident is sucking air so it thinks it’s adding more reagent then it really is, but it’s the opposite for magnesium. Not saying it doesn’t work, but I don’t follow how it would help Mg.
These guides keep the needle straight down. So my only assumption is that without the guide it’s not able to pull a full amount of reagent and a little air gets mixed in causing skewed results.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues, i purchased some guides and they did not help sadly.
I bought and installed these guides and they fixed all my trident issues. After installing them did you cut open a old regent bottle so you can see and adjust needle depth ? This needs to be done aswell

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still suspect the problem is reacting with co2, my 1st set I only put the caps on loosely, after Neptune asked about my household co2 and wanted me to report my levels as I have a co2 meter I capped them tightly and didn’t have issues until near the end of the batch. I wonder if the guides are helping seal up the bottle and reagent better.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back