Who has switched from Triton Base Elements to Triton Core7?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's suppose to be seven times concentrated so they say divide your Base Elements dose by 7 to get your Core7 dose.
I did that and Alk started dropping like a rock.
I'm still dialing it in, but it's looking like I'm going to end up at more like 3-4x rather than 7x.
Anyone else?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be aware that when changing over that you will most likely be upping your Ph also as the Core7 is tuned to run at a Ph of between 8.2-8.3.

So with this you will most likely see an increase in dose while the water and corals get used to the new environment, most see an increase in uptake which settles back down once the KH and Ph have stabilised.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be aware that when changing over that you will most likely be upping your Ph also as the Core7 is tuned to run at a Ph of between 8.2-8.3.

So with this you will most likely see an increase in dose while the water and corals get used to the new environment, most see an increase in uptake which settles back down once the KH and Ph have stabilised.
I just checked and yes, it seems like my pH average has gone up a bit over the past week.
I'll keep an eye on things and post back if things change.
Thanks!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finally starting to see a drop.
Not sure if this is things balancing out like mentioned earlier or if my algae treatments are starting to slow down coral growth.

Will continue to update.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back