who has their RO/DI in their aquarium cabinets to auto fill ATO reservoir?

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do this but cant figure out how to plumb...do you all run the tubing thru the wall to to the water source?

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, my RO tubing runs through the wall into my 20 gal water storage tank. I manually refill my 10gal top off tank about every 10 days using water from the storage tank.

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a 20 gallon pressure tank to my system. Then ran a RODI line to the ATO reservoir inside the cabinet. I use a ball valve just before it goes to the ATO res then it enters the res through a float valve installed inside the ATO res. This way I open the valve an fill the reservoir but don't have to watch it to make sure it doesn't overflow. Once the float valve shuts it off I close the ball valve so no more RODI water can come to prevent a tank/ATO malfunction from causing a flood.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 aquariums off one RODI system. They are both hooked directly to the unit. The lines go through the walls and one through the attic. The are both controlled by independent solenoids and independent Apex's with dual float valves.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back