Who has used the Fluval Marine 2.0 or 3.0?

OP
OP
N

Neil S.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know if you have questions!
Hi Dana. As mentioned above, I am now looking at either the Kessil A80 or the AI Prime HD. I've located another LFS and this one has been in operation since 1985. Indeed my older sibling remembers the store from back when he had his SW setup. This LFS is recommending that I go with a single Kessil A80 to get started, and then if needed when I introduce corals (about 6 months later) then get a second A80. He is of the opinion that for the easier to look after corals that one A80 will be just fine. Up here the cost of the A80 is $179. The AI Prime is $299. (and the 'not on the list anymore' Fluval Marine 3.0 is $156). I do have a concern regarding the tank depth, 17", but the LFS says that the A80 will work. Do you have any opinions or anything that might help?

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dana. As mentioned above, I am now looking at either the Kessil A80 or the AI Prime HD. I've located another LFS and this one has been in operation since 1985. Indeed my older sibling remembers the store from back when he had his SW setup. This LFS is recommending that I go with a single Kessil A80 to get started, and then if needed when I introduce corals (about 6 months later) then get a second A80. He is of the opinion that for the easier to look after corals that one A80 will be just fine. Up here the cost of the A80 is $179. The AI Prime is $299. (and the 'not on the list anymore' Fluval Marine 3.0 is $156). I do have a concern regarding the tank depth, 17", but the LFS says that the A80 will work. Do you have any opinions or anything that might help?
Hi Neil - I haven't tested the A80 Kessil. but if your LFS recommends it. and has proof of success, I certainly can't argue with them. I do wonder about the corals they're keeping ( low light preference v. high light.)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can get an ai prime used for $200 shipped.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a Fluval Marine 3.0 LED for 36"-48" and it arrived just today. I'm using it over a Red Sea Reefer 250 while I'm in the fish only mode. I'll have 3 Radion XR15's over it later. Haven't bought them yet but will use this light until then and for back up in case my Apex goes down or Ecotech EcoSmart Live goes down too.

unnamed.jpg

pandilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was in the same boat as you 6 months ago...

I had the original Fluval Sea LED, 25k, and "upgraded" to the 3.0 2 months ago.
I was able to maintain Softies, Zoas, and LPS... But they didnt grow much.
My SPS and Acros Browned out.

My hand was forced (addicted to coral) and I picked up 2 (used) Hydra 26HDs.. 2 weeks later all my corals exploded with growth and color, and the Acros and SPS all came back as well.

I know your nano tank-sized 3.0 is prolly in the $140-160 range? Trust me, for the extra 40 bucks, Get an AI Prime with a gooseneck. You will thank me for it and your corals will as well.

Although I will vouch for Fluvals' Bluetooth SmartApp, it is super user-friendly and great for starters... The con is it has no real custom-settings available. Very Basic. AI's wireless programming blows it out of the water.
You could easily find one here used for around 160 with the mount usually.

Trust me, if you want healthy, thriving coral, spend the extra $50 and get a quality light.

The last time I posted here about a FluvalSea LED all I got was crickets for 3 weeks in reply. lol.. they are not viable for long-term coral goals.
Rich - Can you help me with the settings for the FluvalSea?? I am setting up a 75 gallon and will be transferring my coral. They have been doing alright with the generic lightning I bought for my smaller tank but i would like a more detailed 10hr setting. Can you help? Or anyone??

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back